Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Badge or Chev?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan 200SX S14
hahaha so true!

"some Holden cars in Australia use a V8 engine originally designed overseas by General Motors, and also used in Hummer, Buick, Chevrolet, Saab, Vauxhaul, Pontiac, Cadillac, and GMC vehicles. The bogan has a fundamental craving to be seen as tough, and somewhere along the line he incorrectly decided that the V8 engine in his car is a Chevrolet. Making the entire vehicle, by rational extension, actually a Chevrolet."

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
lol. Well according to that, I'm not a bogan lol. I'm not embarrased that my holden is a holden, and I know it isnt a chev.

That yellow ute looks like its had some interesting photo shop work done to it...?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
All this time I thought I was a bogan! Wow!

But seriously... Would you put an Audi badge in a Lamborghini... Or a tata badge on a Jag? It's funny that the trend in the states seems to be to pull all the pontiac gear off and ship over the holden kit and badges.

VE_NOVA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SPORTWAGON SV6
It just smacks as Un-Australian to replace an Australian icon with a American one. It's Australian designed and built albeit owned by an American company.

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Haha god that is a stupid report.

If someone was embarrassed to own a Holden then why buy one?

I have a Chev badge on mine, purely because i don't like the look of the Holden badge. I didn't realize people put them on their cars and tell people they own a Chev haha that's ridiculous. It will always be a Holden!

I saw an old Ford Ute getting around the other day with a Holden Badge on the tail gate and the Ford badge still on the grill :rofl:

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Haha god that is a stupid report.

If someone was embarrassed to own a Holden then why buy one?

I have a Chev badge on mine, purely because i don't like the look of the Holden badge. I didn't realize people put them on their cars and tell people they own a Chev haha that's ridiculous. It will always be a Holden!

I saw an old Ford Ute getting around the other day with a Holden Badge on the tail gate and the Ford badge still on the grill :rofl:

Haha that must be a disease! I've seen an older XR8 down here with holden badges! Talk about an identity crisis!

And I wasn't point the finger at you with my previous comment, MACCAS!!! :rofl:

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
This would have to be the eleventy billionth Chev badge thread! :blah blah:

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
This would have to be the eleventy billionth Chev badge thread! :blah blah:

Yep, and anyone who starts a thread about Chev badges on Holdens should be instantly banned, new member or not.

VE_NOVA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SPORTWAGON SV6
Yep, and anyone who replies to a comic dig at those who have Chev badges on Holdens and don't see the humour in it should be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.