Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine won't start when warm.

32ford38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 6 litre V8 ute
If ignition is swiched off when car is at normal operating teperature 95C, it will start again OK.( over and over) However leave it for 10 minutes and it will not start. Spark plugs are firing, but plugs are dry,fuel injectors are not opening to let fuel in. It stays like this 'till it's cooled down toapprox 38C after about 45 minutes.Cranking voltage 11 volts, running 13.5 volts. It's held me up quite a few times and is a pain in the A---. How do i fix it? L98 engine. Has anyone experienced this problem?

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
pour some cold water over your starter motor.

Hsv is king

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SS
i had the same issue with my vx,ended putting up with it in the end as it was becoming to costly to try and solve.

Holden and others could not pinpoint the issue i had changed the battery,spark plugs,plug leads and got new key problem still there

Holden adv that next thing would be to change fuel pump,relays or could be possibe issue with imobilser,but did not want to go that far but these parts cost to much and worked fine when started cold or it cooled down a bit

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
i had the same issue with my vx,ended putting up with it in the end as it was becoming to costly to try and solve.

Holden and others could not pinpoint the issue i had changed the battery,spark plugs,plug leads and got new key problem still there

Holden adv that next thing would be to change fuel pump,relays or could be possibe issue with imobilser,but did not want to go that far but these parts cost to much and worked fine when started cold or it cooled down a bit

That would most likely have been the crank angle sensor.