Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve ignition wire help

slow vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv ute
hey guys does anyone know the easiest place to find an ignition wire in the engine bay of a ve omega?

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
what are you looking to achieve?

if it's extra security, all ve's already have an immobiliser as standard- so a remote kill switch isn't much help.

stirringaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
There is one going into the main fuse box R/H front of engine bay. Although tracking it down isn't easy. I had to unfasten mine & break into the harness plugs and use the the multi meter until I found one.

slow vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv ute
got some led fog lights from holmart and they have a control module that needs a 12v ignition wire

stirringaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep that's why I was looking too. Mine also has a relay that turns the DRL's off as soon as you turn parkers or headlights on. Seems it is illegal to have them on together.

slow vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv ute
yep thats exactly what mine has sounds like its going to be a pain in the arse to do

i might have a look in the fuse box might find an easier way or get an auto elec in ha ha

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
wiper motor?

only powered when ignition is on, but is safe enough to work on without blowing something up and keeps your work away from critical engine electrics.

wazza675

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sportwagon
Hey stirringaxe, do you remember what colour the wire was (red I assume) and which loom it was in (left or right side when looking at the fuse box front on)?

Already mounted some DLRs but now need to power them... The auto-elec said to wire them into the parkers (like many on here), but I'd prefer to have direct power and then a relay to the standard lights so they switch off when they come on. The other problem with direct power from the parkers, is you can't use them on the odd occasion when they're needed without the DLRs on then.

I've also put fogs in but the Omega loom doesn't have the provisions for them (like the up-spec models that are plug 'n' play). I've got the appropriate OEM switch but I'm not sure if you can just hack into it or whether I'll need and aftermarket one. This is probably one for the auto-elec...