Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The OFFICIAL VE ALLOYTEC V6 SUPER MASSIVE FUN HAPPY TIME exhaust thread!!!!!!!11!!!!

Ph47VE

PH47VE
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Ve Sv6 Ute
I went to my local exhaust shop today and the guy told me tht i would get a nice deep rumble sound on my ve ute sv6 if i just put mufflers in with ss tips. Any comments on what this wud sound like pls let me know.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
the SS and SV6/calais exhaust is the same up till the rear section with the change in mufflers. The Stock exhaust will flow well enough for a v8 so its fine for a v6, therefore there is no point in adding a full catback system. I dont think adding ss mufflers will make much difference, but maybe adding straight through pipes instead of mufflers or maybe just hotdogs or something.

Ph47VE

PH47VE
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Ve Sv6 Ute
wud it sound decent tho>?

like a v8?or tht burbling sound wen u slow dwn?

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
i think there is a part of the tune to stop excess fuel when slowing down, so im not sure on the burble. But i have heard a vz sv6 with extractors, twin high flow metal cats and twin 2 1/4 inch exhaust with now rear mufflers. It sounded like a ducati, but did burble

Ph47VE

PH47VE
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Ve Sv6 Ute
exhaust

ok well i mite jus put the mufflers on nd new tips nd see wat happens i guess hoping for a gud reslut.thnkas for ur help

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
if you dont mind me asking, what price is he charging you for the twin tip mufflers?

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
i can hardly hear it lol

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
i wanted it very quiet VEs get horrid drone because of the plastic boot floor. in 6th on the highway it's very good it's even quieter now that i have removed the 2inch section and replaced with a 2.25inch merge.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
ill have to look into that, CHE charge about $400 for that pipe dont they? I wonder what my local boys would charge. Is their any drone on yours? is it any louder? I basically want it to sound stock, but with a little better flow