Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Omega and installing bluetooth module

JoeRogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Evoke Sedan
I've got an '08 Omega. I purchased a bluetooth module which came out of a Berlina. I've pulled the glovebox out but cannot see anywhere where it looks like it should go. Can anybody give me instructions on how/where to install it? All I know from reading forums and this site, is that it's located behind the glovebox. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
There is a big black plug with about 20 pins located on the left hand side, held there by a clip behind the glove box, plug it in to that and you should be all good assuming there is no software holding you back.

JoeRogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Evoke Sedan
Thanks BigBoss. Ok I'll have another look. Right up against the left hand side you reckon? I'm not back home until Wednesday so will look then.

Rxd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
JoeRogan - Can you post back letting us know how you go? I'm currently looking at doing the same thing to my Ute.

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
My mistake it is a white plug, hear is a pic
76434d1262308383-connecting-amp-ve-original-radio-img_0131-small-.jpg

Stolen from
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/car-audio/121513-connecting-amp-ve-original-radio.html

JoeRogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Evoke Sedan
That white plug looks too big to go into the Bluetooth module that I have. The module itself has no screws either so it clips into the chassis. I can't find where though. When glovebox is out, is it to the far left or far right or in the middle. I'd love a pic of an installed module to see where it goes.

JoeRogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Evoke Sedan
Will do. I'm back home on Wednesday so will put it up then. From memory, the connection was 2 lines of about 6 pins each line.

JoeRogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Evoke Sedan
Here's some pics of the bluetooth module :-

1hpg5z.jpg

1588qx1.jpg

10gjrlf.jpg

And here is a pic of the dash with the glovebox removed :-

11imhsi.jpg

Any ideas anyone? I can't find (a) where the unit clips in (b) where a connection is to connect to the bluetooth module.