Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LLT Oil Catch can

rum87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Redline Ute M6
hey guys,

ive been thinking for a while about getting a catch can, mainly im just wanting to know whether it is really worth it at all? Is there anyone else that has done this to there LLT and if so what type of catch can did u get and was it worth doing?

Cheers Matt

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
WildfireSv6 has a catch can on his LLT, I've got one sitting around that I'm about to fit. We both have el cheapo Drift brand catch cans from Autobarn.

I say it's well worth it, especially if you're revving the motor out. When I had my inlet manifold off to fit the Mace Manifold Insulators I checked out my valves, so dirty, there was so much crap on them it wasn't funny.
Being direct injection there is no fuel coming into contact with the back of the intake valves to help clean them.

That's my opinion anyway.

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
If you fit the drift catch can from autobarn stuff it with some fairly rough steel wool (not the fine stuff as it can break down). This'll help separate the oil from the air..

rum87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Redline Ute M6
thanks for the replys. how much are they from autobarn if u remember. and i thought that would be the case bigjim as it does get revved out a bit

is there any pictures just so i can be sure what pipes it gets plumbed with

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
If you fit the drift catch can from autobarn stuff it with some fairly rough steel wool (not the fine stuff as it can break down). This'll help separate the oil from the air..

Yeah I've been told to do that, haven't got around to it just yet.

rum87, I think I paid $70-$80

rum87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Redline Ute M6
hey guys, just purchased the drift catch can, was just wondering if any one knows/ has pictures of the pipe that goes into the catch can. i havent had a good look yet but was wanting to make sure before i attempt this and potentionally do the wrong one. Is it the on on the passenger side that returns back to the factory intake piping. cheers guys

Last edited:

rum87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Redline Ute M6
can anyone clarify if it is the pipe on the passenger side that runs back to the factory intake pipe. i think it is just want to make sure before i cut anything. cheers

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Hey mate on a phone.. You in an SS?