Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ssv z series ute speakers,how many?

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
hi all, doing a bit of research on one of these utes with a view to buying one. as the title says there seems to be a bit of confusion as to how many speakers there are in this model,so far ive found 7,-doors x2,dash 2x tweeters,1 sub in the centre where the old crappy one usually sits,2x 6x9's behind the seats. the holden brochures make no mention of the speaker locations.the dealer is trying to tell me theres 11 in this particular ute. bullshit i reckon. maybe in the sedans but not the ute.can anyone confirm or deny this,handy to know if i decided to upgrade the sound.

nitro91

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
there is 2 6x9s behind the seats?

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Is this the new 2012 model?

I have a 2011 ssv ute and it to says on all the specs that its an 11 speaker stereo :S

In mine I have only found the crappy centre speaker, 2x doors, 2x dash tweeters and 2x 8" subs in the side panels behind the seats. No 6x9s or 5x7s in my ute. I can take pictures if needed

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
Is this the new 2012 model?

I have a 2011 ssv ute and it to says on all the specs that its an 11 speaker stereo :S

In mine I have only found the crappy centre speaker, 2x doors, 2x dash tweeters and 2x 8" subs in the side panels behind the seats. No 6x9s or 5x7s in my ute. I can take pictures if needed
yes mate its my12.5, im probably wrong as to what type of speaker goes where,the centre dash speaker in this one definately isnt the crappy one,i stuck my ear to it and all i could hear was bass? definately a bass sound from the rears too so your right there. wouldn't mind knowing where the other 5 speakers are,there just does'nt seem to be be anywhere else where they could be physically placed.

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
heres a pic of the ute i'm looking at;
NOWjq.jpg
JWuvf.jpg

Ryan_Chapman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Ute
Yep your right on that one Troy,
My 2009 SSV Ute has 11
2x Tweeters
1x Centre Speaker (Disconnected)
6x Door Speakers (2x 3-Ways Counted Seperatly)
2x 8" Subs in Side Parcel Shelf Under Small Window)
But mine includes an Alpine 12" Type S Sub Behind the Drivers Seat aswell :)
Kind of rediculous really but guess it is a sales gimmick they use saying it has 11

SSVCory

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV II Ute
As said, basically 2 tweeters, centre speaker, 2 6" door speakers and two 8" subs behind the seats. I've noticed most car manufacturers seem to count any amplifiers and the head deck in with the speaker count too, making it 9 components. I've only traced the wires to the amp to behind the 'SS' badge between the seats, never actually seen it lol. Oh yeah, this is on my MY11 SSV too.

Heres a pic I took of the 8" sub behind the drivers seat when I was replacing them with 6x9's.

SubInstall.jpg

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah thanks guys for the info. i figured that holden might interpret what troy described. just doesn't look physicly possible to stick another 5 speakers (factory ones) in the cabin. thanks for the pic ssv cory,its basicly what i have in mind too. the centre dash speaker in this one has me stumped though as ive disconnected the ones in both of my ve's ive had but the sound coming from this one is more bass and sounds ok? ive noticed it has a different speaker grille to the normal one- a round cover as opposed to the square one they normally have. maybe holden is trying to use up spare speakers to get rid of them from the factory in anticipation of the vf? they are known to do that sort of thing.