Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First wash

perfectbluesv6z

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 Z
Gave the Z its first wash today:doh: It was cleaner before....Ended up with dirty blotches all over. Not happy JAN........

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
Gave the Z its first wash today:doh: It was cleaner before....Ended up with dirty blotches all over. Not happy JAN........

you use a chamois to clean off all the water after??

markbaja

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec & SZ Territory Diesel
Just washing your car without drying with a high quality chamois well not yield the best results.

What was the actual technique you used?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

perfectbluesv6z

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 Z
Good old wash and rinse. But looks like i may have to buy a good chamois, any ideas on the best one?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I can't say what the best chamois is because I haven't tried all of the ones avalilible but I love these

78F1CCD7-5392-41BD-9F44-D92FC3624A83-789-000001345655B618_zpse4a882d5.jpg

I stupidly used my first one on dirty brake dust covered wheels and now it's black as Wesley Snipes. I went to my local Autobarn to buy a new one but they did't have these in at all so I settled for a Meguiers. It was absolute rubbish, I wouldn't even use it as a **** ticket. I ended up buying the same one as my old one off eBay (probably for twice retail price) simply because I know how good my old one was.

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
Good old wash and rinse. But looks like i may have to buy a good chamois, any ideas on the best one?

Yeah i always either chamois the whole car, or go for a 5 min drive the sort of "blow dry" the car off. I find that just leaving standing water on it to dry naturally will always leave it blotchy even with clean water as natural dust floating round in the air will catch on the water drops and then dry on the paint leaving the blotches......

i bought a brand new chamois on the weekend and basically asked for the best one they had at an auto parts store. I can't remember the name but it was really really good to use. Cost $27..... don't buy a cheap one, they're so ****!! haha

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
oh yeah, and as troy said. don't use it on the wheels, paintwork only!

perfectbluesv6z

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 Z
oh yeah, and as troy said. don't use it on the wheels, paintwork only!

My brother was a spraypainter for years around the heidleberg area in Melbourne worked for all the big boys like Amex and carpenters, did a lot of rods for Spiders. They would use these chamois that were the ants pants but i cant remember the name, came in a really bright orange plastic container, dont think i would use anything synthetic though.