Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS stability control turning itself off. Please help.

damirdagsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
Recently the stability control (ESP) in my VE SS 2007 has been turning itself off followed by the check engine light illuminating. I had it scanned and result was ABS fault. Hence the ABS module was replaced. Less than 50km later, Stabilty control(ESP) turned itself off again and check engine light illuminated once more. Has anyone out there had the same issue and what was the problem? Or is there a mechanic out there that has had experience with this problem that could direct me to the cause. Not sure i'm happy just to take it to the dealer as it is out of warranty and let them spend hour after hour investigating with no fault found and a massive bill at the end. Really appreciate any help/advise that you could give me to steer my mechanic in the right direction.

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
I took the battery off for like 5 mins, then put it back in, Help "Trip + Enter" and it fixed it, Holding just enter to enter Diagnostics mode seems to remove the check engine warning lol weird I know

damirdagsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
thx wheatley098. Will give it a try.

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
Have you recently changed tyres or suspension, different size wheels around the car also causes this problem. Any engine modifications?

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
low battery can cause issues like this, mine did, is it starting ok, new battery all good
have you had any wheel work done, or any other work

damirdagsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
Thx guys for taking the time to respond. Have found a bit more info through earlier posts. Seams to start ok. I don't fully understand how a slightly flattened battery would cause a fault once the engine is running. Isnt the battery continually being topped up with alternator?
Just this morning I took all wheels off and checked ABS wiring points and everything visually seams ok. I did notice that front brake pads are well worn and will replace today. I will also take battery out and get checked tomorrow. Once again appreciate everyones help. If I take it to holden can I have the confidence that they will rectify problem?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Is the original battery still fitted?

damirdagsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
yep. So battery is 6 years old. I will get battery checked tomorrow.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
yep. So battery is 6 years old. I will get battery checked tomorrow.

Don't worry about getting it checked, just get a new one. You certainly got your money's worth out of the current one...........

Ripper_017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
i have the same prob with mine recently . which is annoying the crap out of me , because itll just beep several times on startup . i have the engine light on , esp off and abs light on aswell . weird thing is i was just driving and it randomly happened . i rest the battery for a while but didnt change anything . i might try that enter+trip held down and see if that does anything , i wouldnt take it to holden because they just piss in your ear and charge you $100 to hook it up to the obd2 .