Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Deep Pan & Wide Mouth V8 A6

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I've done a bit of research into the gearbox fluid starvation issue that underpins almost every common problem / complaint, ranging from operating temp to need for aux cooler to shift quality / flare / hesitation to quarter mile / 60ft times.
Our MYC needs more fluid and better flow by all accounts. Google "Camaro deep pan caddie wide mouth filter" and VE or G8.
Holds 700-1000ml more than stock:
u2esugu3.jpg

pickup sits way deeper:
enunaseg.jpg

and has wide flow mouth and channel:
y3yzubaq.jpg

Anyways I'm ordering two complete kits today because the shipping box will fit another, so if you want the best performance and life out of your 6l80e let me know ASAP.

Last edited:

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
US $68.75 each plus US $100 for two units shipped to me in Briso. So depends where you are located can pickup directly AUD $130 or prolly another $30 via Express Post I'd say.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Do these guys do the 4L60E? That's a great price, bloody $400 for the B&M kit, ridiculous.

Am looking into it for you, does the VS have a US / Chev equivalent?
Likely is a deeper pan and wide mouth combo but whether it fits or hangs too low, dunno.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Cheers, I don't believe so, but there is room to go down at least an inch and nothing much around them aside the y pipe.

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
Good job PIR4TE...
I was also concerned about the occasional flare when i first got the Calais. I called Walkinshaw Peformance & they assured me it was pretty much standard for the A6 box (although a g/box tune helps). I said that mine might flare after initial start-up sometimes but other than that it was pretty good. They said a service kit & some decent oil will help it , but not totally fix it.
If mine did it alot i would probably consider it, but its something ive learned to live with.....
Keen to see if it fixes the problem, let us know how it goes.....

Was there much involved in sourcing & ordering the kits from the U.S. ?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Cheers, I don't believe so, but there is room to go down at least an inch and nothing much around them aside the y pipe.

Found this for you, looks good:
qu4yvutu.jpg

for US$155.60 called Hughes HP3780E and is available to courier for US$96 to Canberra.

Last edited:

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
The Gen IV V8 A6 (MYC) deep pan mod uses the larger (MYD) pan from a Camaro SS.
The part number on the deeper pickup/filter is 24236517, being the "wide mouth" filter from the 6L90 of a Cadillac CTS-V. Part number number for the filter kit (comes with a seal) is 24236933 and note it is quite different to the Camaro / Holden one, as compared in the bottom picture of the first post above.
I have two Camaro SS pans and CTS-V wide mouth pickups ad part of deep pan kits (gaskets, seals, etc) arriving next week. Cost just $130 each, one spare available, PM me if you want to beef up / cool down your box.

Last edited: