Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power Steering Fluid Substitutes for 07 Omega (dexron 4)

madmatsmadhouse

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega
Hi guys mat here.
New to this forum from just now. Hope I can get some handy info out of this forum.

Now I have been looking for hours on the net today and cant find anything to help with my concern so I have come here hoping someone has some knowhow.
I have a 07 omega duel fuel and doing the 120K service on it.
I want to completely flush and change the power steering fluid but can not find any substitutes for the dexron 4 that it calls up for in the book. I cant find anywhere that references the holden specs or part numbers for the fluid.
I have some nulon fully synthetic power steering fluid here but I want to make sure the specs fit the purpose. I dont have any dexron 4 auto fluid here either.

I want to know if the 07 omega can use gm spec 9985010 p/n 1052884, gm 9985835 p/n 12345866 or p/n 89021184 in the power steering system

I cant even find reference on what specs manufactures use for dexron 4 fluid.

If someone could send me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. Some sort of cross reference would make me a happy man.

Thanks guys n girls.
MAT

madmatsmadhouse

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega
thanks vess08. I know what dexron 4 is. I mentioned I dont have any of the dexron 4 auto fluid here and would like to use the power steering fluid i already have here. I want to know the manufacture specs are for the 07 omega power steering system so I can cross reference. there will be alternatives to "dexron4".

Longman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0 Auto
Nulon multi vehicle fluid. $11 per bottle at autopro. Its fully synthetic and suitable for VE.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Isn't it supposed to be dexron 6 ? There are a few synthetic trans fluids / dexron 6 fluids in Repco/supercheap now which you can use just read the bottles to see if they are dex 6 compliant.

madmatsmadhouse

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega
Sorry yes it is dex 6. had my IV, VI mixed up. The nulon multi vehicle full synthetic fluid does not have any dexron specs on it. Just had manufacture specs and part numbers. I have done a full system flush and change with the nulon power steering now anyway so well see how it goes. the nulon website lists it as suitable for the car. Thanks for the help guys.