Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

chime

go fast

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ve ss 6.0 litre
hi there everyone, have just purchased a 2007 ve ss have an annoying chime,as i turn the key on and the computer does a system check the airbag chime beeps 3 or 4 times then goes off when system check has finished then when i go to start the car and it starts with no problem the airbag chime comes back on with the airbag signal for 3 or 4 times them goes off does not come back on till i start the car again,im not to sure with all these electrics but is there a way to turn the chime off in the settings somewhere,please help as it is f'''''''king annoying. any ideas:idea3::idea3:

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Nitrate & 2011 VE SV6 Poison Ivy
just a question plug the driver seat belt in. then start the car if no chime.. then what u been hearing is the seat belt chime. going off.. and thats a simple fix. slide the driver seat forward and u will see the plug. its just a 2 pin one. this disables the seat belt chime. i turned mine off used to give me the shits every time i start the car it chimes. i did the same for my friends WM Caprice as the passenger seat chimes when u put a bag on there it thinks someone on seat. but remember this is a safety feature. its up to u if u want to disable it. mine still has the airbag icon pop up for a few seconds. going by what holden told me this normal and happens on some cars.

Attachments

• 1403041_657955164236915_617378753_o.jpg
    1403041_657955164236915_617378753_o.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 356
  • 1400727_657955167570248_768911395_o.jpg
    1400727_657955167570248_768911395_o.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:

maklaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Wagon
hey mate i had similar problem with my vx wagon.i changed driver and passenger seats while i was removing them i saw so much rubbish deposit under seats so thought to give a good clean.start ignition and used vacuum that's it Airbag Light came on Dash.Didn't know what to do then read on this forum about this all went to AUTO ELECTRICIAN he used some scanner and reset it for $30.

By the way i am new for this forum and for Holden cars..just switched Skyline to Holden...

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Pontiac G8 Manual '10 VE SV6 Manual
just a question plug the driver seat belt in. then start the car if no chime.. then what u been hearing is the seat belt chime. going off.. and thats a simple fix. slide the driver seat forward and u will see the plug. its just a 2 pin one. this disables the seat belt chime. i turned mine off used to give me the shits every time i start the car it chimes. i did the same for my friends WM Caprice as the passenger seat chimes when u put a bag on there it thinks someone on seat. but remember this is a safety feature. its up to u if u want to disable it. mine still has the airbag icon pop up for a few seconds. going by what holden told me this normal and happens on some cars.

Thank you, I just did this on both my SV6 and my SSV.

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
Waiting for benboy to comment on this saying how its illegal...

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Nitrate & 2011 VE SV6 Poison Ivy
yes it is illegal as are so many hundreds or mods ppl do to there car. thats why i put in the post that its disabling a safety feature. i have a tiny toggle switch under seat can enable it in a sec. i usually do when the car goes in for service or i am coming up to a booze bus.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS

You can either do that, or you can hold the buckle release button in while you start the car and for a few seconds after it starts.

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
Why is it illegal and what's the fines imposed if found?

I would say its to do with the ADR? At a guess unroadworthy fine/defect. Not like anyone is going to know though.