Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hooking up aftermarket oil pressure gauge?

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
Hey everyone, I'm looking for help from people who have done this? I recently done an iq conversion in my car so I can't get the standard ssv gauges so I'm going aftermarket.

My question is, where do I put the oil pressure sender? Do I need to drill into somewhere or is there a spot? All help much appreciated cheers

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
My cars an 08 ss if that helps

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Put a dongle on the OBD port and switch to view on your phone. Much easier, more accurate when you wish to monitor or log. I can't think why you would want that on your dash all the time? Same with oil temp, manifold vacuum, MAP, MAF, AFR, load, intake valve temp, transmission temp, altimeter, compass... just clutter, use an app, just a thought.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
if you go after market, just above the oil filter is spot to put an adaptor ( a few others make one) just have to be careful of angle as the headers are there, JHP have one or just drill and tap for sender or t piece back of block is a spot, google on here and you will see pics, parts etc, one of my posts, glenho,calais51 have all done it but slightly different, some else had after market and plugged into their obd port for all info

Last edited:

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
I have a bluetooth dongle with dash command, there's no oil reading what so ever? None that I can find anyway.

MYVESSV8,
Do you know what the thread size is for the spot above the oil filter? so I can try buy the correct sender.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I have a bluetooth dongle with dash command, there's no oil reading what so ever? None that I can find anyway.

From main screen go to Account -> Purchases and select GM Enhanced in-app:

01D64820-0CED-4D1F-BCD9-AC9361618DC9.png

Then from main screen go to Gauges and Add any gauge you like. To see all the GM Enhanced PIDs sort by manufacturer.

E90F4E2B-7FAA-479E-A985-EE2D5E0F304B.png

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
they are usually 1/8 NPT very common, then if the sender is BSP (gas) it will still screw in but might just need a little sealant, but NPT wont screw into BSP