Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Difference between 2006 & 2010 VE SV6?

Dark_Knight

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
Hey everyone,
First time posting here :). I am purchasing my first car soon and was just wondering is there any difference between a 2006 & 2010 VE SV6? To me they look the same (exterior & interior) and occasionally I see the 2010 model cheaper or the same price as the 06 model. Is there any difference? Thanks

Micaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
9/17 SSV Redline & 83 VH SS
Hi there,
If you can, get the series 2, from sept '10, it has dual zone climate control, 7 inch? touch screen entertainment control, it can store 15 CDs connects to reverse camera & sat nav if fitted (& can still be fitted). Also has 210kw SIDI, (instead of 195kw)
From outside the headlights are slightly different where they meet the grill/bumper, & has a chrome strip across the boot above the numberplate.

Good luck!

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
As Micaxe said, 2010 will have 210 Kw SIDI engine, also if it's an auto it will be 6 speed, the non SIDI SV6's will have a 5 speed auto. 2010 builds shouldn't have timing chain issues which can be a problem with earlier build VE (and VZ) alloytecs, however there has been some threads on here that suggest even the SIDI cars are not immune to timing chain issues. If you can afford a series II go for it, otherwise an MY10 series one still has the 210Kw SIDI engine, and 6 speed auto.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Another vote for Series II.