Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another Wet Carpet Thread

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Hey all I have officially become a member of the "Wet Carpet Club" . It is on the passenger side front and seems to leak from under the dash as the top of the carpet where it is attached to the firewall is damp and the footwell is soaked. Wondering if guys that have had the same problem could post some pics of where it leaks in or at least point me in the right direction as to where I should start looking . The pollen filter is dry and the drain is clear. Thanks in advance

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Looks like I have found where the problem is . Removed both wiper arms and shroud from below the windscreen I noticed that the cowl where the pollen filter sits is warped at the top where it is supposed to sit flush with the firewall and the water is running through the gap .Cleaned it up and put a heap of silicon in the gap and it seems to have fixed the problem.

Attachments

• rsz_1leaking_cowl.jpg
    rsz_1leaking_cowl.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 2,049
Last edited:

brcstar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE-V Calais MY10
Hey guys, sorry for not updating sooner. So it appears I can replicate this issue with < 5 minutes of running the aircon, regardless of the outside weather. If I leave the heater running with AC off for 15 minutes it stops fogging. It seems the AC is causing my issue.

Holden said they checked the drain pipe but Im reluctant to believe them!

Chrisso73

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh statesman, 2019 Z71 Colly, vu storm ute
Yer bud stick a long ziptie up the water drain outlet and give it a few goes, I think its on
top of the gearbox ,pretty common on a lot of cars in the wet floor club