Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Official VE Commodore FACTS Thread

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Please post KNOWN AND DOCUMENTED facts about the upcoming VE here. Do NOT post rumours and speculation. MAKE SURE YOU POST CONTAINS A LINK TO THE ORIGINAL SOURCE OF INFORMATION.

anyone who posts without providing the source will (hopefully) get a negative feedback from the user 'Ban Me'.

OPEN SEASON, GO FOR IT!!

Note from the Moderators: This will be enforced, posts not showing where the facts came from will be flamed and removed (it's already happened).. although not much is really a fact yet, this thread is about published information (whether rumour or not) from reliable sources versus what people heard from their cousins mates boss's Holden worker brother who might not even exist -or- personal assumptions

Last edited by a moderator:

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
- 2 rear suspension types, 1 for sporty/luxo models, 1 (less complicated) for cheaper models. Motor and/or Wheels
- redesigned front suspension (macpherson strut set-up still) Motor and/or Wheels
- new door handle mechanism Motor and/or Wheels, photos posted in other threads
- high mount centre brake light (better visibility, more spoiler options) Motor and/or Wheels, photos posted in other threads
- room for 20in rims (maybe HSV option) Motor and/or Wheels
- huge boot (fuel tank relocation to under rear seats) Motor and/or Wheels

If Motor and Wheels aren't reliable sources, this is gonna be a very short thread. I've been following the VE as closely as anyone outside of the operation could. I've started a few threads about it, and wherever I've posted rumours, I've always acknowledged it. If you want me to give you more specific sources than that (ie. issues of mags, actual thread names), just remove my post, because it's not worth the effort.

Last edited by a moderator:

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
Evman said:
- huge boot (fuel tank relocation to under rear seats) Motor and/or Wheels

Well this is one I hope is fact, and hopefully the opening will be larger than the VY-VZ one, its quite difficult trying to put a lawnmower in as the opening isn't quite big enough, which is dissapointing as our old VS has a bigger opening.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
fourstar82 said:
Well this is one I hope is fact, and hopefully the opening will be larger than the VY-VZ one, its quite difficult trying to put a lawnmower in as the opening isn't quite big enough, which is dissapointing as our old VS has a bigger opening.

While the boot capacity is supposed to be larger, it's said the opening will actually be smaller! (motor/wheels)

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
I don't know what they look like: My own head
Plans in place to release it as a Daewoo in the Asian Market: GM Worldwide (Robert Lutz)
Opel don't want it. : GM Worldwide
Uses the Zeta Platform: Everywhere (Just Commodores, Holden, GM North America etc)
Platform designed and currently built in Australia. : Holden

They are the only facts I know. Nothing new sorry.

GMSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZSV6
6.0ltr VE holds 8.2ltrs of oil
5 speed auto as per 190 (beefed)
20 ecu 16 re-programmable
red cluster illumination (ss only)

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
GMSV6 said:
6.0ltr VE holds 8.2ltrs of oil
5 speed auto as per 190 (beefed)
20 ecu 16 re-programmable
red cluster illumination (ss only)

Can you please provide where these facts are from, as that is the purpose of this thread.. although not much is really a fact yet, this thread is about published information (whether rumour or not) from reliable sources versus what people heard from their cousins mates boss's Holden worker brother who might not even exist lol

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
White S2 LX Captiva Diesel
SV8 will be discontinued instead the SS will be offered in 2 different spec models. ( according to a thread going over at the LS1 forum)

B

Banned

There is NO offical fact on the VE other than it will be on the ZETA platform. ANYTHING else is speculation at this stage... Show me a Holden release that says otherwise and then I'll say I'm wrong.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
The Executive will have a cheaper lower spec IRS. To keep prices for the Base as low as they can.
Seen it somewhere reading a statement from Holden.
The Ve will have TFT Screens.
From a guy at holden
Curtain Airbags.

Rest are 50/50 from some pics and info on people that have seen them in testing.
Duel Exhaust for SV6.
Alloy wheels across the range.