Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What are the biggest size rims that will fit on a VE Clubsport R8?

FPV 4 T

myspace.com/attakarrak
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2008 VE HSV Clubsport R8.
Hey I'm looking at getting some new chromies on my Clubby and I would like to know if anyone knows what will fit on without scraping the body coz I don't wanna modify my body to fit any rims on... My mate has 22's on his WK Caprice and it looks sick but he had to do some work to his guards coz they scraped when he turned his wheels. I seen a VE SS-V in Perth with 22's on and it was awesome haha but I'm wondering if he needed to modify his body at all to fit them? I'm thinking of keeping my front wheels at 8" wide but not sure about how wide I want my rears yet... any info would be good... cheers :)

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
At the moment, there is VERY little range in after market rims for E-Seires HSVs simply because most don't fit over the brakes.

You can get 22 inch rims, but you have to go back to narrow rears that match the fronts... Which I see as a backwards step as it lowers the rear grip.

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
there's a VE SSV here running 22's... personally, while I normally live big rims, I think it looks wrong. Too big, and makes the car look too high. I reckon the 20's suit the clubsport... BUT the optional 20's on the SSV don't look as good as the standard 19's... once again, it's personal taste...

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
22" will probably look took big... 20" would sit nice a i reckon. And don't get chromies... will ruin a VERY NICE looking car!

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
VE Ute with 22's

Usually im not a fan of the chromed up rims, but it really suited the car for some reason

Attachments

• Photo-0127.jpg
    Photo-0127.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 3,604

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
VE Ute with 22's

Usually im not a fan of the chromed up rims, but it really suited the car for some reason

Dunno - to me it says the owner should be a huge African American with chunky jewelry and gold teeth. Not into the bling thing what so ever..... but most of you should have figured that one by now.

Reaper

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Rotate: 90 degress...

SNAP!!!

Photo-0127.jpg

But I agree with Reaper... Commodores should not be blinged (or riced for that matter).

UNKNOWN

DEFECTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR SII BT1 5 Speed
I think the ute look sh!t hot. Theres an SS round my way with 22's on it. No.Plate is 22 INCH!

daggy8

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve 2009 ute
VE Ute with 22's

mate i have a ve ute and im getting guard rub not sure what to do with it

wooddyy85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE
check my topics i have 22's and no problem with any scrapes at all. Its on sssl springs too.