Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Steering Wheel Airbag Removal

Thornado

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hey, Does anyone know how to remove the Airbag on the VE steering wheel, I've picked up a leather wheel (Ebay), want to change it over but can't seem to work out how the airbag is attached, VT-VZ's have 4 screws - easy, VE's nothing on back of wheel. Don't want to poke around the front of it in case it goes off.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
To be on the safe side I wouldnt even go near it if I were you.

Leave it to a holden tech. Take it to a holden dealer when it comes to airbags

+1

Definitely something you don't want to be doing yourself! Too much risk if you do something wrong.

Thornado

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hah, found it, when you turn the wheel 90 degrees, there's an access whole at the back of the wheel cover, insert short fat flat blade screw driver and twist, presto one side off, repeat other side, walla. As with all airbags, I did remember to disconnect the battery and leave for a few mintes before playing. 2 plugs in back of airbag, squeeze lug to remove. Now it's off to tool shop to get torx head to remove steering wheel tomorrow. Thanks.

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Great info Thornado. Good post! :thumbsup:

DJ Ice

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 VE Calais V
I'll second that, great info. Now I can go ahead and change my steering spokes to nickel silver on my Calais V :)

ve ss man

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
i am thinking of buying a wheel on ebay for mine too. but i would get it done from holden dealer to fit it to mine. let me know how u go cause this is something i want to do too. thanks

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
i am thinking of buying a wheel on ebay for mine too. but i would get it done from holden dealer to fit it to mine. let me know how u go cause this is something i want to do too. thanks

Ummmmm... He already did.

Hah, found it, when you turn the wheel 90 degrees, there's an access whole at the back of the wheel cover, insert short fat flat blade screw driver and twist, presto one side off, repeat other side, walla. As with all airbags, I did remember to disconnect the battery and leave for a few mintes before playing. 2 plugs in back of airbag, squeeze lug to remove. Now it's off to tool shop to get torx head to remove steering wheel tomorrow. Thanks.

ve ss man

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
they look so much better then the original wheel