Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best OTR for ve alloytec?

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
With Castle Hill Exhaust releasing their own OTR and Russo performance about to release theirs i am wondering which style is more practical as Russo's sits kind of infront of the radiator?
I am leaning towards the Russo performance style but i am wondering about water accessing the engine as it sits infront of the radiator.
I am open to any opinions that you guys might have.

Here are the pics of the two different OTR's
First one being Russo's then followed by CHE

Attachments

• russo.jpg
    russo.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 2,552
  • castle.JPG
    castle.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 1,829

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
I really do think that these OTR kits are a waste of money. Sure the manufacturer might claim an extra 15Kw and reduced fuel consumption but you'll never see that in real world driving.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
The first one will look ridiculous behind the grill

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
I really do think that these OTR kits are a waste of money. Sure the manufacturer might claim an extra 15Kw and reduced fuel consumption but you'll never see that in real world driving.

Sure they are nothing drastic but i am mainly looking at the induction growl and if any fuel savings but not relying on any savings. I just want to know the best OTR out at the moment as i could go for a pod setup but have my doubts as intake temperatures might be higher compared to a OTR.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
intake temp is much higher with a POD setup, and although the OTR wont show gains of 15rwkw etc, you will get much better throttle response and a few kw at the treads. The LSx and l98 have all shown around 8-12krwkw on the dyno with an otr and tune to match) compared to a tune on the Standard box. But its the response and the few extra tenths down the 1/4 that make it worth it.
It be interested to see how each of these go.

Also just to add, the russo style ones apparently have much better throttle response than the CHE style ones. Oh and in the pic of the CHE its mounted to a v8, not a alloytec. Just though id point that out

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
that first pick will pick up every drop of rain where it is situayed, i cant imagine that would be good for the airfilter,

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
let us know how it goes, when you test fuel consuptoin.
i cant see nothing but benifit's all good i hope

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
that first pick will pick up every drop of rain where it is situayed, i cant imagine that would be good for the airfilter,

id say it would get a little damp. But no more than any other open element filter would. I think most K&N or similar oils are water retarding to an extent arnt they?

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
id say it would get a little damp. But no more than any other open element filter would. I think most K&N or similar oils are water retarding to an extent arnt they?

I am not sure either but that would be the million dollar question is if it can keep water out of there?

Once it does come out i will definately be going into Russo Performance as it is only 15 minutes from where i live and have a chat to them and see what they say about the water issue.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
picking up my russo otr on thursday i'll post what i think. gains are good 8-10kwsrw wothout a tune.

btw che aren't making an otr anymore for the alloytec??