Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE reverse camera

tcooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY09.5
so i ended up buying an SV6, but i didn't get the sensors put on which i am regretting somewhat. so now im considering putting in a reverse camera kit and just wanting to see whether anyone else has done this and there thoughts (or better yet any pics).

At the moment i like the idea of a camera but am unsure of how it would work because if it has to be placed on the outside of the car then surely it would be stolen or damaged.

or should i just get sensors put in?

Last edited:

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
there are small enough camera's out there now that you wont even notice them there, they mount on the boot garnish in between the number plate lights, so it cant really be seen.
ill get a photo of the ones we install at work for ya tommoro

tcooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY09.5
cheers naf33n, yeh if you can get me show pics that'd be good

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
I second that, i want pics lol!!

I am planning on eventually adding either cameras or beeping sensors. But where would you hook the screen up without making it look like an aftermarket job?

Cheers,
Dave

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
its not a ve, but we have fiited the same camera to ve's before, but you get the idea
DSC01621.jpg

DSC01619.jpg

DSC01620.jpg

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
Can you just direct the video from the camera to the auxillary input of a VE if it has the screen (e.g. the SS-V or Calais-V)?

I like the look of that camera as it doesnt interfere with the rear bumper in any way.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
not to sure about the ve side of it all, as we use the screens intergrated in the rear vision mirror.

but as for the camera, its just got the normal inputs so if that suits the ve av setup, i dont see why you couldnt play it through the normal screen

mov

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V IGNITION
There are a lot of interesting packages out there; you can get a GPS with a wireless camera so when you put the car in reverse, it sends the signal to the GPS and the screen switches over to camera, good if you don't have a colour screen.
There are lots of different small camera around which fit above your number plate like in the example above or you can drill the cam in (if you are willing) to a less conspicuous area of the bumper.
If you have a VE with colour screen, you can wire it up to operate through the screen ( I have) and it gives a good image. Be careful when choosing the camera as there are specific ones for reverse parking which reverse the image so things to the left of the car will appear to the left of the screen, most general cameras will show a true image so things to the left will appear on the right....a bit confusing, or maybe I'm making it sound like it is.
Also for the screen to work, you will need an AV cable (see forum under VE DVD for info on this). The AUX front is only audio.