Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Commodore Omega Upgrades

lambdamu83

Lambda Chi Alpha
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hello,

I've just bought a VE commodore Omega 2006. (My first ever car purchased....the last one was a 1994 EF falcon for my 21st 5 years ago lol).

Anyway... I want to do things to this car.....However I have a 3 year manufactures warranty on the car and i dont want to void it (unless the component comes with a guarantee of its own).

1) Stereo. It sucks that it can't play mp3 cd's.... is there a way to upgrade the inbuilt cd player.

1.1) SPeakers... the stock standard speaks suck. Can I go to a reputable audio shop to add an amp and speakers and sub? with or without the new cd player I want.

3) Bluetooth function. It's silly that bluetooth is not enabled and you apparantely have to buy a module and get it all hooked up. Can I just get this from my dealer?

4) Bodykits, spoilers.... whats the best place in Perth to go for this?

5) Wheels? I dont mind the default wheels with the covers, but I'd prefer some killa mags..... how are bob jane?

6) Should I lower my car? Can I?

7) P.s.... Besides all this I love my new car and its fantastic look!!!!

Cheers

Dom

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
the bluetooth module will cost you around $440 fitted. I got a price for one when i had the V-Series Omega.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
If your car is an 06 model i wouldn't be worried about the 3 year warranty on it too much....

Use the search feature of the forum all of these questions have been asked hundreds of times....

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
1) Stereo. It sucks that it can't play mp3 cd's.... is there a way to upgrade the inbuilt cd player.

I think the 6 stacker one can play them, so if you could find one of those and swap it out. Probably cheaper to buy an ipod though and run through the aux in.

1.1) SPeakers... the stock standard speaks suck. Can I go to a reputable audio shop to add an amp and speakers and sub? with or without the new cd player I want.

You need a LOC - Line out converter, will convert speaker signals to rca signals for the amp.

3) Bluetooth function. It's silly that bluetooth is not enabled and you apparantely have to buy a module and get it all hooked up. Can I just get this from my dealer?

Factory bluetooth in the ve's is shithouse, people cant hear you or get echo etc. Its cheaper and a better option to buy a Nokia CK-7W kit, which is 10 times better quality than the factory one

6) Should I lower my car? Can I?

King springs cost around the $450 mark fitted, and Pedders Sportsryders cost $580ish fitted (this is based on what I have been quoted here in vic)

If you are looking for another easy mod, buy an ss twin exhaust system from someone who has an 8 and upgraded, and put it on the omega, looks good, and gives you a little power boost.

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
Unfortunatly you can't replace the head unit. You can add subs and speakers by using an in line out converter or a sound processor like the Rockford 3.Sixty, just depends on what your budget is.

Another solution could be running an aftermaked head unit that it mounted in the glove box.

For wheels, some bob janes are better than others from a service point of view, its worth having a look at guys like Tech 9 Tyres who have a huge range of rims to choose from.

In relation to lowereing, Nike - Just do it. Go see the guys at WA Suspensions in Osborne Park, they have great service and you won't be dissapointed with the result.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Factory bluetooth in the ve's is shithouse, people cant hear you or get echo etc. Its cheaper and a better option to buy a Nokia CK-7W kit, which is 10 times better quality than the factory one

I don't agree. The factory bluetooth in my SSV is excellent.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
The only thing you will void your warranty on is when you lower it. But then that will only void the suspension and depending how anal your holden manager is the drivetrain side of things aswell.

Everthing else will still be covered :)

Fishman88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais 190KW A5 CHE TUNED
For the Body kit hsv has a body kkit for the omega looks great and very simple too!! basically itz a front lip and side skirt and rear lip i fink or itz could be the sv6 rear bumper but looks good ive seen one wit this kit at the dealers! as for wheels the Ve are best suiteed to the 20" staggered wheels [ wider rear wheels] depends on the color but blak rimz wit a polished dish is a killa!

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais

I think the 6 stacker one can play them, so if you could find one of those and swap it out. Probably cheaper to buy an ipod though and run through the aux in.

Yes. The 6 stacker plays MP3 and displays song/artist info.

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
I don't agree. The factory bluetooth in my SSV is excellent.

My suggestion... dont have it turned all the way up. I find that anything over vol30 can echo back to the other caller.

Stay under vol30 and I think its just fine and dandy.