Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 axle back exhaust question

tosspint

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 V6
Hey there,
I'm from the States and have the Pontiac branded SV6 (G8 V6) and was wondering if any of you across the pond have fitted an axle back system from the V8 to the sixer. I know the pipes are different size (2.5" on the V8 and 2.25" for the V6) but I'm wondering if the flanges will bolt up? Reason I'm asking is, SLP Performance here in the States has a nice axle back system ,SLP Power-Flo, with single chamber mufflers I can get a nice deal on. An info would be great!

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
sounds like the G8 might run a different system mate. the VE sv6 and SS both run the same 2.25" system bar the SS gets dual outlet rears.

tosspint

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 V6
Thanks Monaro, for the feedback. I can't seem to get a straight answer from the V8 guys here on the size of the pipe so, I'll just have to swing by the shop and see if they bolt up. If not, looks like I'll be importing some Redbacks and following in your footsteps! You exhaust sounds great by the way! :thumbsup:

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
cheers mate, if your v8 exhaust is the same as ours everyhting is interchangable. bar headers.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
i think youll find the yank v8 are the ls3 with the hsv exhaust on them so they wont fit the v6 models

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
from what i've seen of the HSV cat back it's an SS system with SLIGHTLY i mean SLightly smaller rear mufflers and different tips. i reckon it would still fit it's going to have the same mounting points. these companies save money espically these days where they can. glovebox lights anyone?:p

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
glove box light yeah mine im pretty sure the hsv have the 2.5 inch piping insteed of the 2.25 but could be wrong