Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE's Headlights

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
quick answer; projector head lamps will sh*t all over reflector's with a HID kit in em.

Quick answer on difference:
Reflectors: Filament globe produces light which bounces off reflective backing.
Projector: Combination of filters, and plates cut light to a projected area via focal lengths.

google it, there's hundreds of articles, even get soo nitty gritty you'll be learning about differeing wavelengths a tuning a curved or ovular output...

Cav

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
cav.bigblog.com.au
Members Ride
VE II Omega Ute; Fairmont Ghia
I had HIDs in a Ford with projector lights and I was a little disappointed - they were way brighter but the spread pattern was not uniform - they cost me $250 on eBay.
I checked out other types, some were $350 and the dearest were $700!!! by an Australian company in Brisbane that lets you trade in the bulbs when you change cars and need different bulbs.
Now I dunno if anyone has done a review of HIDs in the market, but there is sure a difference in price, so maybe there is a difference in quality.
Does the seller say the brand?

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
the projecters Ford brought in with the EA were pretty crud even with a bulb upgrade...

There are tons of articles, but sadly even more brands, and most of the upgrade kits (Bi-Xenon) ect ect are all crap quality anyways. Be careful, you get what you pay for...

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
I had HID's in the berlina in the later months when i had it. Needless to say the output was much brighter than the old style filament globes. Only problem was my attempts to correct the glare factor didn't come with any results.

I may try again with the VE Calais thou. The projector headlights should over come this glare problem and give me the all round result i have been looking for.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
Ok, so where would I go about looking at HID packages, what sort of shops, Im thinking not ebay if there are some quality warnings