Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve ss cam where and how much?

mooks6669

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II MY17 SS Manual
anyone know where and what is involved and how much in camming a ve ss?

dynoryder

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive wagon
it is the same as any ls engine

how much you want to go just drove one at work to day a ve ssv manule it went hard

the club sport auto's not so good even though they more power the ssv today felt faster

so cam one use a good cai and exaust then tune it you will get 320kw fly

go bigger cam and all that but get ET performance heads from usa

you will like that

mooks6669

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II MY17 SS Manual
sounds good mate....already got an airhammer cai just dont have exhaust yet....where in vic can you reccomend? any idea on price range for cam upgrades?

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
i'd go exhaust before cam otherwise cam will be a waste. heaps of decent shops in vic. Chev's performance and gm motorsport being 2.

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Check out this VE... Absolutely batsh*t insane off its tits for the cash he spent.
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...t-picked-up-my-310rwkw-ve-willall-racing.html

Thanks Fonzie, yep I'm very happy with the bang for the bucks. If you're in vic I'd go to GM Motorsports ... they do the cams and know thier stuff. They have a VE running their "turbo killer" cam, Full exhaust, OTR, LS7 clutch and rip shifter pulling 10's (with 100kg of door trims etc stripped out of it). Google their website .. lots of great videos. I'm really happy with their street racer cam .. but you need to love something VERY lumpy that struggles in 4th at 60kph and still lumps like hell doing 110kph in 6th. If I was doing my exhaust again I think I'd put the Varex mufflers on the back ... it is a bit loud on long drives ... and when the boys in blue pull up along side.

GM Motorpsort Street Racer Cam, pushrods, valve springs, maffless tune = $3200
Stainless 4 into 1 Extractors, High Flow Cats, Polished Stainless 3" Exhaust = $2900
Russo Performace OTR CAI = $800 fitted with radiator tilt and temp sensor supplied & fitted

59% increase in power @ 6000 RPM
310rwkw on a mainline dyno
650nm torque

Goes as tough as it sounds!:thumbsup:

Went to the final stop of a "Zipple cruise" on Sat night to check out cars (Didn't go on the cruise ... they like it USA only .... they get all upset when someone in a new Aussie car cruises with them and takes all the attention away ... they must be so insecure!!!) (actually bit of trivia ... their follow up newsletter complained about the HK HG HT Monaros that joined in ... I wonder how many of their so called "USA" cars were Fisher bodies and built right here in Oz). Anyway .... I had so many people come up to check out the car because of how tough it sounded when I pulled in. All these old school camaro, impala, 57 guys coming up saying "that thing sounds so tough ... not like a new high tech thing" What blew them away was when I told them it was over 500hp... one guy said "you say that like it is not a big deal". I said "yeah it is ... but it cost me under $7k ... not $25k like it used to on an old-school small block."

Last edited: