Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VCM Tune

Kye

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SV6
Can 07 VE SV6's be VCM tuned?? Been searching through the threads but cant find a definitive answer. And if so does anyone around Perth do it?

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
06's only i believe, from what ive read on other forum's holden made changes to the engine management in 07 models & upwards which cant be unlocked....Yet

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
mmm i was under the impression they could until 08-09's so maybe check with a tuner (give them your VIN and they can check)

Kye

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SV6
I just called 2 places in Perth and one claims he has done a few VCM tunes on 08/09's? But has not really had any huge gains 10 -15kw at the most. I called another shop and he has been getting 30-40kw out of the SV6's. Guess it goes to show how much it can differ from tuner to tuner.

Kye

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SV6
Yeh the first guy that claimed he had done 08/09's did not sound so sure after I told him I was under the impression they could not be tuned. The second tuner had only done
06/07's I think. I would be dam happy with a 40kw gain!

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
any car with the e69 ecu, my09 or new(early 2008) cannot be tuned with vcm no ifs buts or maybes. vcm have not cracked the boot loaders for this ecu. sorry but he is full of it.

Kye

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SV6
Yeh as I Said he was unsure after I queried him, Probably had tuned 07's. Either way I Wont be going to him as he is only able to get 10-15kw.