Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 MY10 SIDI chip tuning

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Storm MY14
Guys
I was just wondering how to get more power out of my new ute.
I used to have a VX series 2 S-pack and though it had less kw the throttle was a lot more responsive. I am hoping that with all your suggestions that come, that it won't void the warranty either.
All the same I wanted somebody in Sydney who do a superior job in the tuning of this car. If you could let me know that would be fantastic.
Cheers

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
nope nope and nope, nothing available for the di motors, or most ve's at the moment

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Guys
I was just wondering how to get more power out of my new ute.
I used to have a VX series 2 S-pack and though it had less kw the throttle was a lot more responsive. I am hoping that with all your suggestions that come, that it won't void the warranty either.
All the same I wanted somebody in Sydney who do a superior job in the tuning of this car. If you could let me know that would be fantastic.
Cheers

Tuning for your motor is out in the states
Trifecta Performance Custom Tuning :: Home Page and News

Won't be too long till it finds its way here, could possibly be here already depending on software and if anyone has gone to the trouble to bring it over.

Go with CAI, exhaust, cats, headers, by then tuning should be out mate :beer chug:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Headers/extractors aren't possible for the SIDI engines as they only have one exhaust port on each side.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Headers/extractors aren't possible for the SIDI engines as they only have one exhaust port on each side.

Serious?? Is that a benefit or a detriment performance-wise??

learn something new every day.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
benefit for fuel economy and that was what holden was aiming for with the sidi's, probably not great performance-wise

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
benefit for fuel economy and that was what holden was aiming for with the sidi's, probably not great performance-wise

Over the stock manifolds we have on our cars or proper aftermarket headers?

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
mmm, not sure hey, but i guess the end result is that you cant ever put proper aftermarket headers on a sidi, whereas even if holdens manifold wasnt great you could still rip it off...

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Fairly certain headers are a much better way to go, otherwise most performance companies would be using an exhaust port.

Dz811

Just some p-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
wow one exhaust port?... that sux :(
I was kinda hoping eventually holden would actually bring out a proper high performance 6...
Nissan are pulling a fair grunt from their 3.7l v6 in the 370z, why are we stuck with fuel-saving single exhaust port rubbish? :(