Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Twin Turbo SS auto

Brendon82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Hi guys,
I have an 06 SS that is completely stock. I am considering putting a Twin Turbo set up on it however I have a question for anyone who might have some current knowledge.
Just a note, I am not very mechanically minded, my mate is the mechanic and goes through the technicals.

He said however that what I should do some research on the drive line and in particular see if anyone knows if the stock auto tranny will hold up ok? I think I will put a shift kit in it regardless but will it hold up at the drags and every day driving?

Is there anything else that people know about that I should give some consideration to specifically related to the VE SS and turbos.

Thanks guys

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Jump onto LS1.com.au and search for 'twin turbo VE' or similar. There's quite a few that have gone this path already. Should give you a bit of info. In relation to your auto, definately get it strengthened, kitted and get a decent trans cooler.