Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Commodore Aircon problems and more

houdini_007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE (V-Series) Omega with alloy wheels & rear spoil
Hi everyone,

I apologise in advance if this has been discussed before….
I have a few issues (again) with my car & was wondering if you anybody might have any feedback on the following; (other than I should by a Toyota or Ford() 

1. Air conditioning – Switches off after approx 2 min on really hot days. Not only the air conditioner, but the actual fan itself.
2. The air ventilator flaps directing air from your face to down to your feet seem to be stuck / not working. As soon as you start the car, you can hear a clapping noise under the dashboard. There is no air coming out from the rear of the armrest to the back seats.
3. Clutch / Gear shifting – When exhilarating you can hear & feel a shudder going through the car. This is not a smooth shift like it used to be, but almost a thumping noise when the gears change.
4. When driving on a smooth & straight road, the Stability Control warning comes on for no reason.

Thank you.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
what year model is your car, sounds like the issues the very first releases of ve's got, most got fixed with software updates, other things got fixed by replace the hvac unit

houdini_007

Reaction score
Members Ride
what year model is your car, sounds like the issues the very first releases of ve's got, most got fixed with software updates, other things got fixed by replace the hvac unit
Andy-the-man! We've got a 2006 VE Commodore. Maybe it is one of the first guinea pigs of the assembly line?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Andy-the-man! We've got a 2006 VE Commodore. Maybe it is one of the first guinea pigs of the assembly line?

spot on i take it you bought it second hand and it used to be a fleet car which wasnt serviced at holden?

what youll have to do, is take it to holden, and first get them to see if its got the latest firmware, see how that goes with problems, if that dosnt succeed id take it back again,

id also try and push for warrenty on it even if its out, car companies do do it on occasions if its a common fault once cars are past its warrenty, even if you get parts free and pay for labor kind of thing.... but if it was serviced at holden, even more reason to push for warrenty as they should have checked that

houdini_007

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nope - The car has always been serviced at Holden. It only has 29500km on the clock & serviced at the same dealer to keep the extended warranty alive.

I will make sure they check it all out - Thank you.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nope - The car has always been serviced at Holden. It only has 29500km on the clock & serviced at the same dealer to keep the extended warranty alive.

I will make sure they check it all out - Thank you.

well if you send it in for the 30km service id be asking for fixes, its well documented in holden techlines

Azza84

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice
holding the demist button in for 10 seconds resets the air con system and usually makes them colder. Hope this helps

houdini_007

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thank you - I've had it at the dealers yesterday & they said I need to bring it back for two days to replace the heating/cooling unit (HVAC??).

Aparently there's a control module in there that can't be replaced & they have to replace the unit. Didn't kick up a fuss about it as I'd prefer to get the unit replaced & hopefully get another 3 years out of it. :)