Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Exhaust

spooner198

Reaction score
Hey guys just a quick question with the VE exhaust.. just wanting to know what exhaust fits what meaning can i take a ve sv6 ute exhaust and fit it to my ve omega also will a ve ss sedan fit on a omega and if so is the only difference the two tips on the back, also whats the difference between the VE SS exhaust and the VE SSV exhaust.. any information is much appreciated,

last question is if you had a ve omega what exhaust would you put on it a VE SS or SV6 or HSV.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
sv6 ss ssv all run the same exhaust bar rear mufflers sedan and wagon interchangable ute has longer tail pipes

if you want more noise put either a ss or sv6 exhaust and rear mufflers on your car the ss ones will give more noise the sv6 not so much

neither will be loud

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Remember, apart from th added attention from Police etc for excessive noise, any (ANY) modification(s), unless approved to ADR standards, that change/alter/modify any aspect of your vehicle from the ADR standards/requirements that existed at the time of manufacture of your vehicle are ILLEGAL.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
Remember, apart from th added attention from Police etc for excessive noise, any (ANY) modification(s), unless approved to ADR standards, that change/alter/modify any aspect of your vehicle from the ADR standards/requirements that existed at the time of manufacture of your vehicle are ILLEGAL.

sereously what is it with you and your ADR rant
if you put a ss system on an omega it is adr complient so long as you dont remove cats or polution gear

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L

Benboy is right with what he typed, but he's just emphasing the points that are important to his argument. I'll state the same facts, but in an alternative fashion:

It is PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE to make any (ANY) modification(s) that change/modify/alter your vehicle standards/requirements that existed at the time of manufacture of your vehicle, provided you stick to ADR standards AND ANY ADDITIONAL REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS FOR YOUR STATE, and it is certainly NOT ILLEGAL for you to do so. In meeting these standards, you will not receive unwanted attention from Police etc. for excessive noise.

See :). We've stated virtually the same facts, but it sounds completely different!

In regards to exhausts, ADR standards dictate limits to Noise and Emissions.

The proposed parts come from the same class of vehicle, in fact almost identical... except for the obvious engine and drivetrain differences. A V8 from the SS is going to produce more noise and emissions than the V6 in the Omega. Accordingly, because the standard V8 exhaust components satisfy all ADR's when used on the V8 from new, they will continue to satisfy the ADR's when used on the V6.

It is also why it's perfectly legal to buy and fit some sports exhausts to most cars. Provided you stick to the ADR limit (which is 79dB-80dB depending on standard Kw produced by car), it is perfectly acceptable to increase the noise from your vehicle up to these limits.

Of course, there are a lot of people out there who don't follow the rules... but that doesnt mean that all non standard exhausts are illegal. Far from it.

And to the OP, the rear muffler dictates most of the exhaust note on the car. Instead of going for a rear muffler designd for a V8, I would suggest going for a sports muffler designed specifically for the smaller capacity V6, otherwise you may be left with an exhaust with the dreaded "V6 drone" that most people try to avoid.

It's also why I wouldnt fit the full V8 exhaust to the V6. You'll lose backpressure, lower the velocity and temperature of the air escaping, and as a consequence LOSE power. Bigger is not always better in exhausts.

Using a little logic, the V8 is going to produce more gas and in a different pattern than the V6. Getting a muffler that is more suited will give you a better sound, and keeping the same exhaust components 'up stream' means you wont cause any issues with performance.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
last question is if you had a ve omega what exhaust would you put on it a VE SS or SV6 or HSV.

Out of those options, the SV6. The SS and HSV wont do you any favours on the Omega.

A preferred option would be to get a new exhaust for your particular V6. If money is an issue, leave the standard exhaust on there and just change the muffler. You'll get the sound you want, without the performance drop of trying to fit a V8 exhaust on a V6 ;).

spooner198

Reaction score
thanks for the info guys, i think i would probably go for the sv6 exhaust as i already have the ve ss body kit and it needs the duel exhaust out the back

Nugget 305

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sidi
Ive got a 2010 SV6 SIDI ute, and was wondering if it would void my warranty to put an exhaust on it?
and also what my options would be to give it a nice note, without it being super loud and not spend too much

cheers

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Hi spooner198, do your self a favour and run down to your local Lukey muffler center and get them to only change your rear muffler for a "ultra flow" one.

It's the only change i have made to my VE omega exhaust wise, and it sounds a hell of a lot better than a "standard" SV6 muffler, give it a try mate.

The result will surprise you.

Cheers.

mooks6669

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II MY17 SS Manual
want a stock ss ute exhaust???? call matt 0405125306