Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VE SS

Cocopopz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY9.5, VL LS2
I did a search on lowering a VE SS but only found threads on SV6 and utes or HSV models. I have a VE SS that will soon have 20's with 245/35/20, im looking at lowering it to sit roughly on top of the tyres. With the Omegas and SV6's I have read in some posts that using King SL there will be no drop in height. To have a SS sitting level what springs do I need front and rear. Also does anyone have any pics of how there car sits. Also is it worth resetting the stock springs to a lowered hight. cheers.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
the v8s are easy: in the king springs:
an SL drops the front and rear by 30mm
an SSL drops the front and rear by 50-60mm
an SSSL drops the front and rear by 70-80mm

so if you want it sitting on the tyre you should go SSL or even SSSL, look in some threads at the pics
but i will add, in the front, if you drop it anymore than 30mm youll be scraping on EVERYTHING, the rear is fine

New2Holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
I don't own an SS, I have a Calais V6 and recently had it lowered with Pedders springs by 25mm. I don't think it has settled yet on all fours to the full 25mm but I am scraping even at that level. Not on everything, but I am glad I did not go any lower because of the scrape factor. Just watch those driveway crossings and car park barriers or you will take out your front pan. Take lots of before photos to comapre because once it's done it is hard to remember what it looked like before. Good luck with it, you will enjoy the better look.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
i have a sedan and i think they look level sitting 30mm lower in the front and 60mm lower in the rear, so id recommend SL in the front and SSL in the rear, this also means you only need lowered shocks in the rear as the stock shocks can handle a 30mm drop

this is cost effective, looks great, and you wont scrape on much (this is my setup but dont look at my photos as i havent updated them yet)

this setup has the front sitting a 2-3cm above the tyres and the rear sitting pretty much on them (i just read you saying 'sitting on the tyres')

marxve

ride it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 vs ssv
i have ultra lows all around on 20s and it sits level just above the wheels

LGW

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 60th Anniversary
Ive got a SS with 20" and was thinking of just lowering the back by 30 mm or so. Has anyone lowered only the back? Would this look ok or ridiculous? :doh:

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
Ive got a SS with 20" and was thinking of just lowering the back by 30 mm or so. Has anyone lowered only the back? Would this look ok or ridiculous? :doh:

Itd be fine, the rear sits higher than the front to begin with

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner

Attachments

• VE Commodore.jpg
    VE Commodore.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 5,498

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
To give you an idea, this is my Omega (SS front bumper) with Pedders springs. 30mm front, 50mm rear. It has 20" wheels and low profile tires

Even 30mm it scrapes on most speedbumps if you dont go really slow on an angle, also it catches on the front bumper at most parking stops.

Well worth the look though ;)

carfn.jpg

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
nice ride still looks higher at back dont it