Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Walkinshaw Sv6 CAI

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anybody knows if the Walkinshaw CAI is any good in terms of as good as the airhammer i know ppl swear by the airhammer but i am prepared to pay the extra 100 bucks for the walkinshaw product if it works as good it looks nice and stock too :)

Thanks

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
its just an ss inductions growler,
walkinshaw dont make any of their own stuff they rebadge other peoples,
and if youve read anything about ss inductions youd know airhammer was better

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
Ive had Air hammer ss inductions which is my current one and otr intakes and i really dont think ss inductions deserve all this negative feedback.

Air hammer do have good power delivery but do lack low down power and also being a pod filter not inclosed is ilegal. And being so low in the engine bay i found i had to clean the filter almost every three weeks or it would get really dirty.

The ss inductions are inclosed and have good low down power and mid power. hardly every get dirty but still draw air from all the places air hammer do.

The two OTR intakes i had would be alot better with a tune to make but they screamed in the top end with very little down low hardly got dirty.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I disagree, the SS growler I tried gave me no power, just made a nice induction noise. The longer pipe on the airhammer gives you better torque on an untuned engine compared to the SS. The majority of people here and ls1.com.au agree its a waste of money, considering it's more expensive also.

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
No one of the biggest limitations on the ss is only the factory piping with that stupid air box setup. replaced with a few silcone bends and straight pipe to the effect of the air hammer which comes with a pipe to replace this and i think you will be surprised. All my intakes have been tested untuned man best power OTR best low down SS,

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
soooooooooo ill take that as airhammer is still the way to go??

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
there's another one, not sure what its called, monaro327 got one, best of both worlds i reckon

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
nah hes back to the airhammer, he had an otr but theres no tune for them