Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

February build SS & SSV to come with G8 option as standard?

OldDog

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 1 SS Storm Ute
Evenin All, Well, my patiance got the better of me today so i rang the dealer to find out how much longer my SSV sportwagon (in Poison Ivy of course) would be. I ordered it in early February so it can't be far off right? Well it seems that every man and his dog has ordered one so the car won't be ready for pickup until the end of March. But then i got some very interesting news, my car is being built with the G88 option pack as standard, which means G8 bonnet and nose, in Poison Ivy, at no extra cost to me. Apparently all SS and SSV's ordered in Feb will be built that way. I dunno whether this is news to you guys but it was a welcome surprise to me!

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
lol poor you. Did you ask for a discount?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Interesting. The G8 front is a very love it or hate it thing. Seeing a few getting around in the flesh I quite like it but there are a lot of people who despise them. Dunno which way it will go down the track with resale though - could be interesting to see it play out.

Reaper

panthergreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS karma blue
Interesting. The G8 front is a very love it or hate it thing. Seeing a few getting around in the flesh I quite like it but there are a lot of people who despise them. Dunno which way it will go down the track with resale though - could be interesting to see it play out.

Reaper

yeah I'm not a fan of those noses... :spew:

OldDog

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 1 SS Storm Ute
I'm 50/50 about the nose, like the bonnet though. I'm not too keen on the standard grill with that huge holden badge either, i'm not too keen on the various grill mods either. I'm hoping it'll look better in the green as well. Seems strange though as they were supposed to be only a limited number and you had to pay an extra grand for it, now i hear i'm getting it anyway for no extra?? I assume you can ask them to leave the standard front on. A cynical man would say that they're having a lot of trouble pushing the limited edition so they're forced to offer it as a no cost option. I agree Reaper re: resale values, only time will tell.

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
I'd be kicking and screaming mate, you didn't ask for it so why should they push it onto you? Only the special edition VESS comes with the pontiac front. go to the holden page you'll see.It's not right to have that done without your permission, it's a matter of principle... and in this case horrible looks LOL....... personal opinion only, to some it looks fantastic.

bjay

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV
I agree with SV6. Apparently there is a large surpluss of the pontiac grills and they are trying to get rid of them. But putting them on new cars and "pretending" that it is an added bonus is a joke. It dosn't matter if you like it or not it has been a no cost option since November last year and should remain just that an option!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi

Reaper

I love everything about it except the stupid way the dealers mount the number plate (usually screwing holes right into the bar....)