Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best 'all rounder' tyres for ve ss 18" rims?

mooks6669

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II MY17 SS Manual
Please tell me your tyre opinions!! ...About to replace Potenzas on my ve ss and wondering if anyone has replaced with other tyres that arent so pricey as the originals...thanks fellas

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I replaced the bridgestones on my ute with Khumo tyres. I thought I'd give them a shot but didn't expect too much from a sub $300 tyre. But they're excellent! Grip every bit as well as the bridgestones wet or dry and it looks like they'll last quite a bit longer. I only got 16,000km out of the bridgestones but these have done 11,000 and aren't even half worn. Only thing I've noticed against them when I drove out from the tyre-fitter is that the sidewalls feel a little softer but it hasn't been an issue at all and I can push them every bit as hard as the originals. The Khumo's I have are part of the Ecsta range but I can't remember the product code.

mooks6669

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II MY17 SS Manual
thanks mate...yeah ive done 18000 and i reckon im only gonna get about 20000 odd....will look into kuhmo's...bloody potenzas are exxy!!

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
i got the potenzas on the rear and the dunlops on the front the bridstones seam better in the wet but im about to get some gt radials marketed as super highe preformance so ill give them a go and let you all know

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
I have the MAXXIS VICTRA MA-Z1 and can't fault them at all

Last edited:

mooks6669

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II MY17 SS Manual
any ideas on how much the maxxis cost?? i read a review on those in wheels or motor i think and they performed quite well.

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
cost me around 1200 for the set of 4 plus balance and allignment

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
If you go for the maxxis tires look at the victra M4-S model they are the next version of the victra MA-Z1.

Last edited: