Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Biggest cam for L98

voodoossvuteSE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute Special Edition
I know heaps of you have had experience with cams in the L98's but what is the best one to put in. I heard you can put some big cams in these and make huge increses in rwkw? i am planning my modifications and would appreciate any advice you can give

cheesy_j

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
You should be thinking of what future mods you want to do with the m befor you go for the biggest one you can fit.
Are you going to add any sort of forced induction?
what is the car going to be used for?
how deep are your pockets?

voodoossvuteSE

Reaction score
Members Ride
I am a big fan of the Naturally aspirated engines. I will be adding in OTR, full twin 3" KPM ss exhaust w/ 1.75" ceramic coated extractors, the cam (valve springs etc.) and looking for over 320rwkw with a tune. I want good power with still everyday driveability. I do like a big lumpy cam but

cheesy_j

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
I got 335krwkw out of a 232/234 comp cam with VCM air intake and full 3 inch di fillipo exhaust.
I havent go a massive size but saying that it aint no small one.
If u live in the city and do alot of driving in traffic then you wont want to go a massive cam.

voodoossvuteSE

Reaction score
Members Ride
I got 335krwkw out of a 232/234 comp cam with VCM air intake and full 3 inch di fillipo exhaust.
I havent go a massive size but saying that it aint no small one.
If u live in the city and do alot of driving in traffic then you wont want to go a massive cam.

Yeh cheers how is the 232/234 around town and do u get any drone with the di fillipo.. it is a strong competition between the kpm and the di fillipo 3" systems. I was going with KPM as they garauntee no drone and have heard very good reviews

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
ive heard both systems and i prefer the kpm system however there are both very good quality, have a talk to Dazzak75 on here too he has a vcm 7 cam i think and made 329rkw on a 2.5 xforce system and its lumpy as

cheesy_j

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
I have no drone at all.
Never heard the KPM system so cant tell you how they sound and as for the lumpyness everyone that as heard my car has commed on nice it sounds.
If your in the Brisbane area come to Willowbank and you can hear it yourself

voodoossvuteSE

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have no drone at all.
Never heard the KPM system so cant tell you how they sound and as for the lumpyness everyone that as heard my car has commed on nice it sounds.
If your in the Brisbane area come to Willowbank and you can hear it yourself

With the 232-234 i have heard that they reduce low down torgue and love the high revs? do you find this?? also has anyone installed a 224 or similair cam

cheesy_j

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
under 2000rpm she is a bit slugish but if u are driving it that low then you just arent driving hard enough

jonssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv sportwagon
With the 232-234 i have heard that they reduce low down torgue and love the high revs? do you find this?? also has anyone installed a 224 or similair cam

i have a gm torquemaster cam in my ssv sportwagon and i believe it is a 224 /230 or something around that. I am very happy with it the car made 311 kw atw running 20" rims on a mainline dyno it is very streetable has not lost any down low power and my wife still drives it with no problems and i reckon it sounds pretty good. When i first brought the car home after having it done my wife came out and said whats wrong with your car its sounds like its sick ( it does have abit of lump to it ) and i said no that sounds tough.