Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to: Remove VE door trim (not dial-up friendly)

TehFastyOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V Utility
I was taking the door trim off this arvo to bung some new speakers into the ute so I thought I'd take some shots along the way. There's still a few people out there that are unsure about how to remove the door trim so here's a picture story for you. Enjoy.

DSC05329.jpg

VE SS V door trim - they're all the same type on the other models.

DSC05330.jpg

Tools you'll need are a Philips head screwdriver, a Jeweller's flat head screwdriver and a Torx T25 screwdriver (or the bit, whatever works for you)

DSC05331.jpg

Start by using the Jeweller's flat head on the small outlined plastic square behind the door handle. Be ready or it will fling out at 100 miles an hour into your face.

DSC05333.jpg

You should see a silver T25 screw behind it. Guess which tool you'll need for that...

DSC05339.jpg

Next, attack the two screws on the hinged side of the door

DSC05337.jpg

Take the three screws out at the bottom of the door

DSC05338.jpg

Take out the loner screw under the armrest - just feel around in there until your Philips has a grab on it.

DSC05340.jpg

Those are all the screws done, now start to pull from the bottom-hinge side corner of the door. It will be tight if the car hasn't been fiddled with after coming out of the factory.

DSC05341.jpg

Keep pulling around the top side of the door - most of it will come away easily.

DSC05343.jpg

Once the whole trim comes away, don't yank it all the way out! There's two wires going into the trim - that's for the lock and handle mechanisms. You need to disconnect these (next pic)

DSC05345.jpg

DSC05346.jpg

All done :clap: see not that hard was it?

Last edited:

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Nice work, great to see some VE how to's.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
should be stickied to top of ve thread for other people asking the question

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
awesome mate thanks VERY much for taking time to post this step by step. plenty of info available online, but nothing with this many step by step pictures.... well done!!!!:clapping:

TehFastyOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V Utility
Thanks fellas

I'm going to do the front and rear bumpers sometime in the future. Although I've taken the rear bumper off already due to a rear ender so I'll have to reverse engineer the whole pictorial diagram of how to do it lol

If there's any other How To's you would like to see, I'll try to accomodate the request so long as it's not something like taking the bloody 8 out of the engine bay!!! :D

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
well since youre asking..... putting an amp in maybe ;) ?

like wiring etc. im too chickenshit to try until I see some really detailed foolproof instructions. I break the new car and the mrs will make me sleep in it :).

Arai_R1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 MY10 VE SS Ute
Thank you, thank you, thank you! After having a VT and then a VU (both used and very confident in pulling apart)... I was extremely scared to start pulling apart my brand new VE SS ute which I've only had for a month now. Hopefully now I can piss off those $2 pieces of paper crap in there and get a decent sound!

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Good to see holden have stuck with the $0.00000001 trusty paper cone woofer. Dam thats tight.

k3v0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Thanks mate! this will be very handy for me soon :D