Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clutch problem on SSV

Daniel73

Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv ve
Before i return my car to the dealer again i thought i might as well ask for some feedback on here. The problem is a sticking clutch pedal. During normal driving the clutch works normal with no problems at all. However when driven hard on the odd occasion the pedal will stick down about 4 inchs off the floor, this requires my foot to slip under the pedal to return it to the correct position. Gear shifts are normal and not an issue. The first time the car went in for this they bled the clutch or something along those lines, and the problem was fixed, or so they told me. The problem usually happens if the car is taken over 5000 rpm.

Very anoying, any feedback please.

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
As stated above, it's a common problem. Take it back to your dealer and they'll replace the neccessary parts for you.

cheesy_j

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
I had the same thing happen to me.
I just brought a H/Duty clutch kit

Daniel73

Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv ve
Already had it to the dealer once with no success but as always we know these things take more than one visit. Is there anything i can say to help the guys out, apart from stating the obvious symptoms. Is there a particular part thats at fault here?

BackyardSpecial

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hi all new to this forum have been looking around for a while.
Had the same problem with my 07 VE SSV last month.
It was all under waranty they replaced the clutch pedal,pressure plate,friction plate and flywheel all under warranty.
Apparently known problem.
All I told them was that the pedal was at a different height on different days and when driven quickly the clutch pedal would stick to the floor.
They had it for 3 days and best of all did not cost a cent.

Daniel73

Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv ve
Thanx guys for yor feedback.

Only problem is i just purchased it from a holden dealer second hand and its not under new car waranty anymore. dont think the used car warranty would cover it. the statutary warranty that come with all used cars is pretty limited. Tho they did do a 100 point safety check of the car and i noted that the safe and correct operation of the clutch was on that.

Will see how i go.

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
Hi all new to this forum have been looking around for a while.
Had the same problem with my 07 VE SSV last month.
It was all under waranty they replaced the clutch pedal,pressure plate,friction plate and flywheel all under warranty.
Apparently known problem.
All I told them was that the pedal was at a different height on different days and when driven quickly the clutch pedal would stick to the floor.
They had it for 3 days and best of all did not cost a cent.

WHat this guy said. My 07 SSV had a **** clutch from day 1. Finally after nearly 3 years of complaints and 50,000km they replaced everything that was mentioned above. Cluth has been in for about 2500km and is great!!

Tell them to refer to a recent techline and they will soon find info on the issue

MPRSSV

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Exec (Police pack) & 05 CV8Z Monaro
I had the same thing happen to me.
I just brought a H/Duty clutch kit

Just wondering if I could please get some more feedback on this - How is the clutch going now / did the heavy duty kit completely fix the problem? If you dont mind me asking, how much was it? (including install)

I first noticed the problem a little while after I got my car - I tried to do a hard launch but the clutch didnt come back up - Has anyone else noticed a big difference after you have found the problem? My clutch used to release at about half way, after the attempted launch there was a really strong burning smell as well as now the clutch only releases right at the top (so close to the top the car often stalls) - Im also looking for prices (including install because Im not great with DIY) - Thanks Chris