Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ssv ute squeaking clutch?

Bling

351.9KW @ wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV ute
Hi everyone wanted to know if anyone with manual ve ss's had problems with a squeaking clutch? I have taken mine to Holden 3 times under warranty to get it fixed but it only ever removes the squeak for a day or so. Originally I had a smooth quiet clutch but for the past year it's been squeaking. I have also had a NPC clutch put in as after the cam was installed the stock clutch lasted 2 weeks and the squeak was evident before and after the clutch was replaced. Thanks in advance!

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
If it is a squeaking clutch pedal, then I've had it. the same happened to me in that I had to take it back twice to the dealers for it.

The dealer did eventually fix it by replacing some bushes in the upper pedal assembly (I think) and giving it a good lube. Hasnt repeated since, and that was a couple of years ago.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I've had it a lot! Though with the rest of the problems I've been having with clutch/gearbox/diff, it's kind of paled into the background. All they've done for me is lube it up. Happened before and after the clutch was replaced under warranty. See what happens next time.

Last edited:

Bling

351.9KW @ wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV ute
Yeah thats what holden kept doing just lubing it up, instead of fixing whats faulty with it. The noise gives me the shi@#s. Mite have to ask em bout the bushes in the linkage see where that gets me. Thanks for the input.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Annoying, ain't it! Add to that, a dash that squeaks and creaks at low speed, at high speed, when you hit a bump, on uneven roads, when you go around a corner, when you apply the brakes, when you reverse, when you start off from idle, or any other time that movement comes into play - and also a metallic rattle under the gear knob when you push the clutch in at high revs and a steering wheel that for some reason decides to creak whenever a holden tech ISN'T in the car! Then you move onto mechanical issues! Who was it who told me not to worry about the stigma of green cars being bad luck just prior to purchase? They've made my list! The word 'frustrating' just doesn't cut it! Yet for some reason, I still like the car!