Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve ss axel hopping

gleeson_412

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CLUBSPORT
hi there my old man drives a v8 ss ve sedan 08
and he complaining that it axel hops when he skids it is there any way of stopping it??????

psivyv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss sportswagon!!!
iv got a wagon and mine does it really badly in the wet, but its fine in the dry

brad87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan 200SX S14
start with rear subframe bush inserts. they'll prob help the most. next step would be rear upper control arm inner bushes and if u want it better again, upgrade to some bilstein shocks to better control the spring oscillations.

veessv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SSV
Im guessing he had the traction off :p
Standard shocks and springs and what size tyres?? The stock brigstones are very soft lots of grip but wear quick
Wheel hop is usually caused by lots of traction coupled with movement in the suspension and drivetrain
Picture the car under power on a high traction surface. The tires want to grip. The suspension and drivetrain reacts by moving in the opposite direction from the tires. All that stuff then reaches it's limits and "springs" back causing the tires to slip. Then the tires grip again and it starts all over. This can be very violent and can break stuff.
You could by trying higher pressure in the tyres less movement for when put the power down it should just spin or getting some **** tyres ones with less grip but u wouldnt want to do that.
Getting better shocks and replaceing the all the bushers with nolathane over rubber.
But do the cheapest first tyre pressure and go from there i have my 20's on 40psi stock tyres good in the dry not so gripy in the wet but spins them ezr and no tramp

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
the burnout needs more power.. dont give it a chance to grip....

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
Dont do skids...that should solve your problem...unless your in a proper event etc

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
the burnout needs more power.. dont give it a chance to grip....

always a good excuse for power upgrades.
wonder if his mrs will agree though ;).