Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Omega Upgrades

07omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ex Force Ve Omega
hi guys :)

i know this may have been asked before but i have been looking around every for upgrade options.

first off the speakers and head unit
what have people done with speaker upgrades am i able to get any speakers/subs/amps?

i have read around everywhere that you can not upgrade the stock head unit but i have read that you can replace the stock head unit with a calais head unit and that you need a hvac controller? if either of this is possible how much am i looking at spending for the calais head unit and hvac controller. also are the places in perth where all this can be fitted?

now for the exterior part :)
is it worth upgrading to the sv6 body kit or am i better of getting the berlina grill and fog lights? i really like the ve ssv tail lights do you think they would suite either upgrade option?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Hi mate,

1. around the 2grand mark for the HU conversion, including parts (give or take)

2. It's worth upgrading to the sv6 kit - if you want it to look like an sv6 (keep in mind that if you do the rear bar - and you should to keep it balanced - you'll need to run a dual exhaust as well). There's also a bunch of aftermarket kits but they all look terrible. Otherwise, just put some lowered springs and shocks on it, grab the SSV tail lights (they look better on everything!) and go for the rims and tyres of your choice.

All comes down to your budget, mate.

good luck.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
You can install amps/subs etc with the help of a line output converter (LOC) as well. Shoot me a PM if you are looking to install a stereo and I'll put together a package to suit your specific needs & budget.

07omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ex Force Ve Omega
hi guys thanks so much for the quick replies :) means a lot to me :)
i would really love to get the HU upgrade but thats a little to much :( do you know of any guys in Perth doing the HU upgrade tinsnips?

my car comes with the fe2 sports suspension so its already lowered i would love to grab myself the sv6 kit minus the boot wing with the ssv tail lights :) im also thinking of these rims (Tech9Tyres - Wheels: Advanti Gauntlet Black)
hate to sound like a real pain in the ass but would you know of any places in Perth suppling and installing the kit?

Philthy i will pm you shortly :)

Unit_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 M6
hi guys thanks so much for the quick replies :) means a lot to me :)
i would really love to get the HU upgrade but thats a little to much :( do you know of any guys in Perth doing the HU upgrade tinsnips?

my car comes with the fe2 sports suspension so its already lowered i would love to grab myself the sv6 kit minus the boot wing with the ssv tail lights :) im also thinking of these rims (Tech9Tyres - Wheels: Advanti Gauntlet Black)
hate to sound like a real pain in the ass but would you know of any places in Perth suppling and installing the kit?

Philthy i will pm you shortly :)

There's a kit on eBay which includes everything you need for the H/U swap over. You get brand new screen, pre-programmed HVAC unit and the appropriate dash surrounds for the car it's going in. I think it was around $2200 + free postage.

As for the kit, keep an eye out on eBay as a few of the genuine SS/SV6 bits pop up on there quite frequently. Whatever you do, don't get fibreglass rubbish.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
even though i drive a berlina i have to say i reckon the berlina grille looks rather gay. IMO the SS honeycomb grille is far better.
As for fog lights i guess it depends on how often you drive in fog. If the answer is never then they will be a waste of time.

BIG94T

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE OMEGA V
check this out , looks pre sweet if you ask me
im hopefully putting it in my ve omega v

blasta1

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE
hey big94t is that the correct price for this unit plus extra for install cause 585.00 seems to cheap if thats the price when are they avaliable as a friend of mine owns a car audio bussiness so install will be cheap .

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
$585 seems insanely cheap,might grab 2 at that price!