Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

now ss man- ve ss upgrade suggestions please

statesmanman

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss commodore
just bought ss ve. 2006 with 45kms on the clock. can anyone suggest some of the cheaper options to get my car roaring. got about 2-3000 grand to spend on it. mainly wanna concentrate on the exhaust and maybe some cheaper engine mods if there are any? Can any suggest some options or let me know what you've done to your ve ss please,

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
By 'roar' you mean noise or power? $2-3k won't go very far. There's a heap of threads already about VE mods so you could have a look at those for some ideas. A cheaper full exhaust, a catback/OTR/tune are some options.

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
just bought ss ve. 2006 with 45kms on the clock. can anyone suggest some of the cheaper options to get my car roaring. got about 2-3000 grand to spend on it. mainly wanna concentrate on the exhaust and maybe some cheaper engine mods if there are any? Can any suggest some options or let me know what you've done to your ve ss please,

2006 model with 45km !!!! is that a typo?

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
As wikky said, $3k won't go far on mods. You can pick up a full system for that. Hurricane or xforce to name a few. A tune and otr will be around the $1500 mark.

K-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Save some more cash and get the exhaust, otrcai and tune done all in one go. You may be able to get a good deal, shop around. I got a $2000 difference in quotes on 2 performance shops in Adelaide.

statesmanman

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss commodore
any good catback systems any used or know off.For a start just wanna get a good sound coming out of this thing coz it's quiet as. Once i can save a bit i'll do the lot,also how much difference does upgrading the cold air induction on this ve?was looking at an OTR growler and a cat back system together. any know how the growler goes or know any other good coldair inductions?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Have a look at some different systems. I like the VCM but there's heaps out there and they all sound different. Have a scroll through youtube to get an idea of different sounds. I'd also be leaving the growler intake alone. It's not as good as a Lot of other systems out there. Again, I really like the VCM intake but the Dus and orrsom are also very popular. You can fit the VCM without a tune so long as you retain the MAF.