Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FE2 Suspension

neval8ina308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Omega
Hi All,

Looking at buying some second hand FE2 suspension for my VE omega and want to know how to identify it as opposed to standard suspension.

Are there any tell-tale markings?

Also what is a reasonable price to pay for springs and shocks?

Regards

Morgan

neval8ina308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Omega
I have a 6 cylinder, so I dont think the sprnigs would suit. thanks for the offer though!

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
pretty sure they fit too. springs/shocks are based on body shape, not engine type. ok, there would be a few exceptions (like for instance in ford mustangs different engine blocks weighed quite a bit differently), but in this instance I seriously doubt the V8 weighs so much more that it would require completely different shocks. actually just looking at the holden website, there is only 40kg difference between both cars in total kerb weight. as a second check, pedders website quotes same part numbers... I reckon you'd be perfectly fine using them.

BADNWS

Reaction score
Members Ride
SRT
There is however a diffence between the wagon and sedan as both have different sort of suspention. (coming from my mechanic)

.FOREVER SIDEWAYZ.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Lumina Wagon
hey mate i bought FE2 off a GTS for my ve omega and when i put them in with the FE2 springs it lifted my car 5mm :eek:
but then i went and bought Ultra Low springs and am running them on the FE2 shocks and they feel fine, i would suggest
it to anyone looking to lower their omega etc..

The 10th Doctor

ambitious but rubbish
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE SS-V
Bit of a bump... but I'm looking to get FE2 on my VE and have found some from an SS VE Ute... would they work in my sedan?