Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 clutch

KARTAL

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Commodore VE SV6
So its been about a year since i got my late 08 sv6 (My09?) and is currently just over 30000kms.. didnt like the clutch to begin with, mainly because it would slip and or stick under harsher conditions.. and now its buggered.. after a bit of research im booked in for an exedy heavy duty clutch with a solid flywheel conversion on monday..

Hopefully it will last abit longer this time around.. Has anyone used a exedy on a alloytec? whats your impression? im sure i will like it..

also considering a lsd.. just dont no weather to go 2.92 or 3.45? any sv6's upgrade their diff?

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
How much was the clutch?? I'm on 60k with mine and shes copped abit of abuse but I've been easy on her as it's pre expensive to replace.

KARTAL

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Commodore VE SV6
not cheap mate.. 1300 + installation at northern brake and clutch .. i got a price from a few places.. xtreme was 1500+ but apparently they are abit chattery so went the exedy.. the stock dual mass flywheel and clutch cant take any abuse.. apparently they are designed for comfort and would rather slip than lose traction or stall.. ill let u no how the exedy is next week

morrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 06
i got my ve sv6 at 58000km and the clutch was on its way out i got a extreme clutch solid fly wheel and new slave cost me $1700 from cairns no mater what one u put in if u go the solid fly wheel it will chatter but only when u are goin slow in to high of a gear eg around a corner.. so much nicer to drive and takes off much better when u get in to it..

morrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 06
yeah very.. im from mackay qld and the price for a exedy clutch and fly wheel was a tad over $2000 the cheapest but also good one i found was the exterme but yeah its a fair bit diffrent to drive.. the standed clutch was $700 but as we all know u will be replacing it in another few months

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I'm surprised mine has lasted 60k!! Considering I've burnt her a few times taking loads and that back when I wasn't used to her. Also do the occasional "drop-clutch" haha, well I guess I better start saving

Unit_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 M6
I've got 3.27 LSD in my SV6 and is alot better then the single spinner 2.92

Picks up so much better.

morrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 06
haha yeah very true but who doesnt do that i think u will be very happy with the new clutch/solid fly wheel.. drop the clutch then and u will be going through back wheels not clutches ha im pickin up my new wheels tomorrow didnt fully wear the old ones out but had a good go i got 20 x 10s 285 30 20s for the rear and 20 by 8.5 245 35 20's for the front... have u found anything out about the diff gears??

morrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 06
unit if u dont mind me askin how much roughly would we be lookin at for that lsd??