Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speaker Grill

demo9pro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport R8
Hey guys, had a mishap with one of my VE speaker grills and managed to put a hole in one through the drivers side door.

Now, I went to holden to order one and they want about $900 as they rekon I need to buy the whole door trim. I told them to f*** off.

Now, does anyone know if I have another option? I could try the wreckers, who in Perth has any wrecked VE's? Or is there an easier option?

Thanks guys

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
any chance for a pic? might be easier to suggest something for you. how big is the hole?

too jazzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
in the VT commodore u could change them had done it a few times cause had a taxi and some idiot would some how break it, but not to sure on the ve models sorry

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
just had a closer look at my car to see what you mean. no way on earth you need to buy an entire door trim.
all you need to do is buy any old 6.5" speaker cover and replace the existing mesh. just dremel out the old speaker cover and put the new one it its place.
do a search on speaker upgrades for the VE. you might as well go ahead and change the front speakers!
there's a great thread with pics and description on how to do it.
decent new front speakers (with covers) should be easily purchased for under $200 (obviously there are cheaper options too).
and if you dont have a dremel tool, go get one! they are very handy for little odd jobs like this :).