Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Late model SV6 Tuning

KARTAL

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Commodore VE SV6
Hey guys..
I drive a MY09 SV6 non sidi and was wondering if anyone has had theirs tuned.. what mods and power did it make after a custom tune and who did it? even differences in sidi's that have been tuned.
I want to change headders and cats and get better bottom end torque.

Not sure it its true but i heard they have a limiter for torque up to 3k revs? and can it be removed?

some places have been popping up as now tuning the previous untunable sv6's.. just where in melbourne?

p.s. Im on p plates so dont say go get a V8 and give me **** for trying to get some more power out of a v6..

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Seriously, not worth it. Don't waste your money.

I put a full exhaust, intake, tune into my V6 VE Calais (195kw Alloytec) and it made 154rwkw... Live with the V6 as it is, will be easier to sell/trade later if it's not modified.

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
lol CSP at his best again................ great contribution.

have a look at some of the threads mate search for SV6 Tuning im sure youll find some USEFUL information!

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
When and who did the tune CSP? This is a disturbing statement to hear on the very day I've booked in for a tune and some engine pipes.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Hey mate, Mace engineering on here can tune your car. I had mine generic flashtuned and I picked up around 10% in torque across the rev range and 10rwkw in some points. Hasn't been available for long so still in the process of trailing it all out. Believe he will do mail order tunes soon.

Don't worry too much about increase in peak rwkw btw. Shes so much better to drive, hoping to see better gains when its customized however.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Hey mate, Mace engineering on here can tune your car. I had mine generic flashtuned and I picked up around 10% in torque across the rev range and 10rwkw in some points. Hasn't been available for long so still in the process of trailing it all out. Believe he will do mail order tunes soon.

Don't worry too much about increase in peak rwkw btw. Shes so much better to drive, hoping to see better gains when its customized however.

10% of what exactly?
If CSP got 10% and ended up with 154kw, then that means he made 23kw with a tune.
23kw with a full exhaust ($2000+), new intake setup ($200++?) and a tune ($750-$1200)

23kw.

Why not post up your before and after graphs Kuzman?

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I will but don't have a scanner, might just take pictures.
I have graph read outs of 149rwkw and 340 rwnm with headers, mufflers and cai untuned.
On the tuning day though she made 148rwkw and 333rwnm, which jumped to 155rwkw and 356rwnm. Thats peak power though, downlow-mid rev range over stock she made a bucketload more torque/power. Pretty happy with it, I'm going in again to get is customized sometime next week as the tuner is still getting familiar with the software.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
And CSP is an idiot for spending that much. I've spent around a grand on mods and got the mufflers pretty cheap. The SV6 doesn't need a full exhaust, just muffler change and headers/cats really. I haven't done cats. This is all on a mainline dyno also.

Don't bother criticising those figures too, as its just a generic flashtune.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
For a mailorder tune I doubt you'd pay anywhere near that much, id estimate his pricing but its not really any of my business. Compared to untuned the car is soooo much better to drive. Feels so different.