Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheap supercharger ?

sickooli

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS S2
Hi, with the aussie dollar at a high i was looking at purchasing a blower from usa, approx half price, but i dont know which particular brand and model number to get from there, over here its the harrop htv 2300, anyone know the equivilent? , any info would be greatly appreciated.

Allistaire

Reaction score
Members Ride
f6
Magnacharger 2300 6gen is pretty much the same thing. Eaton make the internals for that blower and abunch of other companies make their own blowers from it utilising other componentry Intakes , Bye-pass Valve etc. Have alook around because it is cheapier to buy blowers from some of the US resellers then it is to get it through the factorys.

I've seen a few of them going for 6000 USD around the traps Texas Speed , and Superchargers online. If you decide to get a supercharger get all the componentry from the US as well its alot cheaper and there market is very competitive so you should be able to get the entire kit as well as a generic flash tune for about 6grand + Postage.

Another added advantage to buying from the US resellers instead of the manufacturers is that they wont wipe their hands clean of you once they've shipper the kit whereas the factory will . Keep in mind what state you buy the blower from as the variances in elevation and climate will play a big role in the pcm reflash tune they send out to you , also let them know if you have Tuned Length headers or try Y's cause they will tweak the tune they give to you.

Allistaire

Reaction score
Members Ride
f6
Forgive my spelling , just got home from a big night out on it long weekend and all.. ;)

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.

sickooli

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS S2
Sorry to bother you again Allistaire, but which blower do l order as l see the camaro ss blower 2010-2011, or the g8 2009, both look like the same engine l have in the series 2 ss. I wan't to order the right blower as you know a mistake could prove very costly,your opinion on this would be immensley appreciated......
Magnacharger 2300 6gen is pretty much the same thing. Eaton make the internals for that blower and abunch of other companies make their own blowers from it utilising other componentry Intakes , Bye-pass Valve etc. Have alook around because it is cheapier to buy blowers from some of the US resellers then it is to get it through the factorys.

I've seen a few of them going for 6000 USD around the traps Texas Speed , and Superchargers online. If you decide to get a supercharger get all the componentry from the US as well its alot cheaper and there market is very competitive so you should be able to get the entire kit as well as a generic flash tune for about 6grand + Postage.

Another added advantage to buying from the US resellers instead of the manufacturers is that they wont wipe their hands clean of you once they've shipper the kit whereas the factory will . Keep in mind what state you buy the blower from as the variances in elevation and climate will play a big role in the pcm reflash tune they send out to you , also let them know if you have Tuned Length headers or try Y's cause they will tweak the tune they give to you.