Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Capa MP1900 supercharger on a ve L98

brad VE SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV redline wagon
Have been thinking between turbo/ supercharger on my ve SSV redline and after a bit of researching was thinking of the capa mp1900 kit.

At $9000 fitted and tuned with fuel system upgrade, seems pretty good price.. Or is it

Any one got any feedback on this setup keeping in mind $9000 stretches the budget a tad, and I know bout doing a exhaust and clutch.. Car has now 1600km on clock so clutch should last a litte while if taken easy...

Cheers

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
Bang for buck the mp1900kit is awsome & will be fine with a standard engine, marrano's in sydney & Active automotive over in wa have seen good results with the blowers.

brad VE SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
For the coin it's hard to go past when comparing different forced induction kits... Be nice to have a harrop but it comes with a nice price too..

That and I like the simple neat look of this style charger with less components to have problems with..

brad VE SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Do I need to upgrade the valve springs to handle the revs?

Or is there anything else need replacing?

Cheers

GKW

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV & 1999 VT SS SII
Performance shops love putting on a positive displacement blower...less work than a cam upgrade.

If you stick with the 1900, it's a strait bolt on, no other mods required as far as I've been told by some rather good shops.

The L98 can handle it. However, if you are spending that sort of coin, why not throw a few $$ at it and do the valves, springs, rockers and rods. Can't hurt and will provide a little more protection to those parts when under load from the blower. Go over the 1900, and you need to change a few other things too, including a larger fuel pump (or twin fuel pumps).

$9k is a great price if it's "drive in ' drive out", but unless you also have the exhaust, headers to go with it, you won't get the full benefit. An OTR is a great look for these and adds to the overall performance.

Good luck.

brad VE SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the reply!!

Yeh it's drive in drive out with the bigger injectors, I will be putting on extractors and cats in 3" and bolting up to my 2.5" lukey exhaust.. But may change to full 3" if needed later..

Brad

brad VE SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Any chance some one can give me a rough idea of price for the springs, rockers, rods and valves?

GKW

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV & 1999 VT SS SII
Depending on brand and shop mark-up, probably 2-3 hundred each for the springs, rods and valves. Roller rockers are the real pricey item. Close to $1k for some good roller rockers, but well worth it.

If you are going the blower, might as well go the whole hog and the other bibs and bobs.

Cheers

phat_6ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS M6
Hey mate I'm looking at the same set up, what shop is doing it for 9k? Best I could find was 11k.. Ive already got valve springs in from the cam install and full exhaust + OTR..

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
just for anyones info: PWR on the goldcoast are doing half price kits at the moment, complete blower kit,catback 2.1/2 exhaust and your choice ( rotor size)of Alcon big front brakes( v8 supercar spec) for the same money as the capa set up- or there abouts- but they are selling fast