Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve clutch

Ausdrift

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 UTE
Hey guys my clutch in my ve sv6 has started slipping.. :( so if anyone has replaced them before I'd be grateful for any advice or even brand names you can point out. Also does the fly also need to be replaced? Cheers.

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
Do it yourself :) easy job, bell housing bolts, tailshaft bolts, pull out box, take off pressure plate and clutch plate, machine flywheel if necessary, put new clutch plate and pressure plate on, roughly line up, slip her in, re attatch links and torque bolts

bluessv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS Thunder Ute
Does the V6 have a dual mass flywheel??

mkeman2009

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Thunder Ute
yes, I have had mine on my old alloy VE SV6 ute replaced. Due to being a dual mass flywheel, holden advised that you couldn't machine it, and that a new clutch and flywheel would be needed. Luckily mine was replaced at 2000km from brand new due to a fault from production. One of my mates just had his clutch converted to a heavy duty solid flywheel "aftermarket" from holden for $1600 inc install.

Hicomp

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais turbo, ve ssv ute
i had the solid fly wheel and extra heavy duty clutch replace the dual mass flywheel clutch in my old vz best thing you will ever do for the car!!!