Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ssv afm tune

hsv 195i

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 senator signature
I know there has been heaps of threads on this but here we go. I have a ve 2010 ve ssv just lowered & fitting a ramjet otr on the weekend. Also looking at putting a 2 1/2 xforce exhaust on it but wondering where to go in melbourne south east to get the afm turned off? Also what would i be looking at price wise for the tune to do that. Putting some pics up over the weekend.

hsv 195i

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 senator signature
Ive only heard my mates ve ss ute that has a xforce on it which sounds really tuff. Which do you suggest?

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
There are far better systems out there than xforce, however if you're just after all out noise xforce may be the go.

Difillipo, KPM, VCM, Sureflow all make really nice exhaust systems for the VE.

Where abouts in the South east are you?

Tune prices will vary depending on where you go, a tune itself would be anywhere from say $900-$1100, but most places will offer some kind of package, exhaust/intake/tune etc...

hsv 195i

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 senator signature
im located in Lyndhurst so not far from cranbourne. So many bloody systems to have to choose from, will have to go and chat at a exhaust place.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure Horsepower Factory isn't far from there, there's also Autotechnique, bit more of a drive though.
Can't think of any other shops around, but I'm sure someone else will know of some.

As for the exhaust system, what's your budget? If you cheap out now you'll end up kicking yourself later down the track.
The systems I mentioned above are all good, I'll add Pacemaker to that list as well.

hsv 195i

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 senator signature
got about $2500 budget. Had a look at the HP Factory, had the walky power pack $2200 doesnt sound too bad. Anyone had this done? Keep having a look around but seem to get good and bad reviews on every exaust

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Hi, I had my series 2 tuned and I may have a warranty issue so I decided to play conservative and get the walkinshaw power pack just to cover my ass. I went to Victoria to get this done as I was down for a small holiday anyway. So what you get is;

2.5" or 3" stainless exhaust (ABSOLUTELY DRONE FREE)
Walkinshaw cold air intake
And a tune.

NOW KEEP THIS IN MIND!

The walkinshaw intake is a SS growler rebadged and they sound good but that's where it ends there rubbish still better than stock but not good enough! So I reccomend this get walkinshaw to do exhaust and time but use an OTR intake instead of walky growler. I used the VCM OTR with walkinshaw tune and exhaust which sounds awesome! And the tips are sweet as. I also got pacemaker headers fitted. Good thing about walkinshaw they don't mafless tune which means the factory maf and operating system is NOT removed. I made 340HP at the wheels on a dyna pack.

Hope this helps :)

hsv 195i

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 senator signature
Thanks for that. Im fitting a ramjet otr on sunday. The walky exhaust is abt 2200 I think. Is it still pretty quite as didnt seem that loud on a ute on the net? Have u got afm? What did ur tune & exhaust roughly cost?

Cheers