Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MACE flash tune for SV6 SIDI...opinions?

monkeyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 SIDI
Wondering how many people have had a flash tune from MACE and your opinions of it. I'm weighing up whether to get one for my SV6 SIDI (headers, mufflers, growler, big MAF pipe) and was hoping for some insight into what to go for and what to expect. I usually fill it with 98 or premium.

I've heard they do a 'ghost cam'...but have found very little info about it...sounds interesting though.

I'm after firmer shifts, faster 0 to 120kmph times and generally more poke. Better fuel economy might be a consideration, but probably not :)

So if you have had your ride flash tuned by MACE, any info or opinions would be great.

monkeyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 SIDI
yeah I should read the whole thing I guess :)

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
I am currently in the process of finalizing my Remote V8 flash tune by MACE.
This includes tuning the 6 Speed Auto, as well as an engine tune for an Orrsm OTRCAI, and XForce 3inch Cat back exhaust.

(I know this isnt a V6 tune, but at least this will give you an idea of MACE, and what they can offer).

Firstly, Steve from MACE has been very very helpful.
He has been very quick to reply to every email I send him, and he has taken the time to explain the process, options, and my questions promptly, and thoroughly.

So from a customer service standpoint, I am very very happy !

As for the tune,
The A6 tune is awesome. There is no other word for it.
What I wanted was a lofty mix of better fuel economy, with more poke when I give the car a boot full.
The transmission with the tune shifts very quickly, it is almost like a DSG box, or like shifting on a big bore motorbike.

I was worried with the firmer shifts, as I had an EF Falcon before my commodore, with an adjustable S5 solenoid.
(Hardware shift kit, with adjustable line pressure).
Whilst the EF was fun, driving around town was like being hit up the backside every time the trans shifted.
To give you an idea, the EF was a 6, and it would lose traction shifting into second around half throttle)

With the VE, the engine revs to match the shift points, as well as reduces power on up shifts.
This means that the shift quality is very good, even with the firmer shifts. You dont get the slap in the back thud on up shifts when putting the boot in, but the shifts themselves seem to take less than a second to complete...
Trust me, a definite 100% improvement over stock.

We are in the final stages of the Engine tune. (Its only been 1.5 days of logging the engine so far).
So far, I can notice a definite improvement in power at around half throttle.
The car seems to idle little lower, and the fuel consumption seems to be 0.1L less, but its still very early days to be objective about this.

So far, I am very very happy.
I guess the real question is would I recommend MACE, or use MACE again ???
The answer is definitely yes...

I ope this helps, as I wanted some feedback from people before diving in to the unknown, and I appreciated the feedback that I got at the time.
It helped me feel confident in the decision was making..

Cheers

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Definetly get mace to do it, I'd be doing it last though after every other performance mod you wanted to do was finished.
Fuel economy does improve, shift times as well (for auto, im sure bigjim can pip in) and heaps more torque and kw.

monkeyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 SIDI
Cheers Jerome_V, that was a fantastically detailed and helpful reply. I've heard nothing but good things about Steve and by all accounts he is thorough and goes the extra mile to ensure his customers get what they're paying for. After reading this and the Mace review thread, I'll definately be contacting him asap for a tune.

Thanks again guys :)

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
Also interested to hear what some sv6 sidi owners have to say about their MACE tunes too. I'd love to get one, but probably after warranty runs out in October.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
The product and service provision provided by Steve at MACE is second to none. If you are going to fit a CAI and headers on your Alloytec or LLT then it really is a must to tie all your changes together with a tune and Steve will sort you out. I would also recommend purchasing the interface device as it will make it easier to record running logs for any future changes you may want to make to your cars hardware and then software also it will provide a basic J2534/USB interface for software packages like Dashcommand. Having used both Castle Hill and now MACE to tune my LLT I'd have no dramas in recommending MACE as the product of choice from a bang for buck, convenience, customer service, flexability and power production perspectives. Further to this I've also found the E85 tune for the LLT an absolute cracker particularly from a tourqe production perspective...makes city driving so much more enjoyable for our sometimes torque challenged drives.

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Where abouts are you? I do MACE tuning as well, but I'm in Bunbury WA.