Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Commodore SS-V 0-100km 1/4 times

hyperterminal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS-V 6.0L 270kw
Hi Guys,
Just bought my first holden ever last week the VE Commodore SS-V and I must say compared to cars I've owned in the past the billion dollar investment seems to be paying off, Ive been amazed by the handling of this car, Ive got two questions I was hoping some members might be able to answer.

I've havent been unable to find what the offical 0-100km time is for the SS-V and/or 1/4 mile times, so if anyone has any info it would be appreciated, (either reference or real experience) unlike the HSV site which gives the 0-100km times the holden site doesnt :ranting: (BTW mines auto with triptonic) and the only reference I could find seemed a little quick at 5.2sec

Also has anyone had experience with mods and the effects it does or doesnt have on warranty? Silver water autos offered some peformance upgrades, eg, mod air intake, computer management chip and exaust modifications. Anyone done similar with car under warranty and had issues or certain engine components voided from warranty?? On holden vehicles?

Any help or advice would be appreciated

thanks all

:)

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
i ran a 14.2 @ 100mph in my ssv only mods was a cat back exhaurst since then i have fitted street tunas cai as for mods go for it holden wont no u touch the computer and as for exhaurst you will only loose warrantee on the exhaurst system
my ssv is an a6 i just left in in drive with esp off and sports shift on quicker times to come
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp5_YVOSaJw

pic of my cai
Photo409.jpg

hyperterminal

Reaction score
Members Ride
cool,
thanks for the info mate, so running at 14.2 your probably looking at about 5.5 0-100km??? So you used the triptronic in that drag with the stability off? As Im broke as after the recent purchase and looking to to mods over a period of time what would you suggest doing first? Gotta admit Im know my way around a car but somewhat of a newbie when it comes to mods.

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
no i just left in in drive it was changing at redline anyway.mods are for them ate the moment i got a twin 3inch cat back exhaurst wich go for around 1600 i got mine for 1100 no the zorst man cai intake definately made an improvement a guy in the west shaved .4 of a sec of his 1/4 times with one so yeah good valve for 490 dollars id go for that first then catback then extractors cats and tune should hav u runing 12 easy. thats my aim for my family car daily driven 12sec machine

hyperterminal

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks sic,
might go the Cold Air intake first then being sub $1000, any idea what the offical 0-100km stock ssv is meant to do?

thx for advice

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
nah no idear i mean in the mags the ssv a6 were running 13.5 to 13.9 so my times are alot higher from the word go then what the mags were geting i also live in nth queensland with high humidity and track temps wich might account for a bit of the higher times but i dont personal think no one can get this stock times that they are claming anyways i wouldnt worriey about it to much just get it to the track and enjoy ur new toy it was my first outing aswell first time of the night was a 14.7 lol i reckon theres a 13 in it now the the cai:thumbsup: it is a great mod pm if u want to no were i got it from

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
i was at kwinana motorplex a few weeks back and there were 3 stock ve ss's down there all running mid 13's.... and a stock ve clubby ran a flat 13! thats damn fast

ryan

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Pretty sure the VESS is 13.8 secs 1/4, quicker then the SSV as no luxury pack in them.

buster75

Reaction score
Hi just bought 07 morpheous ve ssv which run a best of 13.8 sec only mods are a cheap twin 2 1/2' and no tune yet.